SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    KLEO (NetFlix)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KLEO (NetFlix) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
KLEO is a German NetFlix original mini-series, of eight episodes, about a Stasi assassin, betrayed by her own people, seeking answers and, of course, revenge on her betrayers.

It's (optionally) both subtitled and dubbed in English (as well as other languages). The English dubbing was so good we rarely noticed what we were watching and listening to was dubbed.

The protagonist, Kleo, is cute, quirky, and interesting. Imagine what you'd get if Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory) or Abed (Community) were trained assassins and that's about what you'd have.

Plot holes abound. The first episode or two are kind of slow. The dialogue will sometimes provoke eye-rolls. But, if you can get past all that, it's pretty fun.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I'm two episodes in on this show. I like it. Kinda fun to see what other countries are producing. Reminds me of Killing Eve without the humor. I'm delighted to hear it picks up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: goose5,

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, 'round about the third or fourth episode it starts getting going. By the time you get halfway in, you're hooked Smile

They wrap it up pretty nicely, too. Better than a lot of series' do.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I have two more episodes to go. I have up and down feelings about this and some eye rolling at times. But I keep watching... That says something.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are about 4 episodes in. It’s like a German Pulp Fiction.

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'n enjoying this show, 2-episodes in so far. Gonna binge later this week.

It's off-beat enough to keep it light, interesting to what 80's look like through German eyes. Anybody getting Miami Vice/Sonny Crocket-vibes from Petzold? Big Grin

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I stopped after E1. I’ll try again starting with E4.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
We are about 4 episodes in. It’s like a German Pulp Fiction.

More like if Pulp Fiction was made by Wes Anderson

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post