SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Taylor Hawkins has passed Drummer for Foo Fighters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taylor Hawkins has passed Drummer for Foo Fighters Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
"Among the drugs found by a urine toxicological test performed by officials were marijuana, opioids, tricyclic antidepressants, and benzodiazepines, the statement said."

I think Dave needs to stand up in front of the world and say "no more" and get his band cleaned up. It's all fun and games with sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll, until your friend and bandmate dies of an O.D.

It is never going to change. These folks know good and well the consequences. Entertainers are constantly dying from overdosing. Folks boo and boo but that is it. Clearly they aren’t learning from those lost before.
Went to a Breaking Benjamin concert years ago and they did a tribute to nearly every well known musician that was lost to drugs by displaying a picture of two. It was wild to see them all put together like that.
This fella is no different and will change nothing.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrible news Saturday.

Drugs are a nasty and crazy addiction to live your life, don't start.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
He is no longer fighting foo.

He was too young, and I am sorry to hear this.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I hate to hear this news. I am glad I got to hear him and the Foo Fighters play live in concert, they put on a great show.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1887 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'm getting over the 'being pissed off', part.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65669986

quote:

US rock band the Foo Fighters have unveiled their new drummer following the death of Taylor Hawkins last year.

In a live stream on Sunday, the band announced that Josh Freese, a longtime friend of singer Dave Grohl, will join them on their forthcoming world tour.

Freese has played for a variety of top acts around the world including Devo, Guns N' Roses, Sting and The Vandals.

The band previously said they would continue performing after Hawkins died in March 2022 at the age of 50.

Freese's first show with Foo Fighters will take place in New Hampshire on Wednesday, the opening leg of a global tour that will run until the autumn.

It will be the first time the band have performed live since their two memorial concerts for Hawkins last September.

Freese himself performed with Foo Fighters at those concerts, playing on Hawkins' drums.

"I was asked what drums I'd like to use," he wrote on Instagram at the time. "Without hesitation I said, 'Taylor's drums need to be up there and I want to play on his exact set-up.'"

Other musicians including Sir Paul McCartney, Queen and Mark Ronson also paid tribute to the late drummer at the concerts.

At the end of 2022, the band said: "Without Taylor, we never would have become the band that we were. And without Taylor, we know that we're going to be a different band going forward."

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15277 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
Probably in my top 5 Foo songs, especially live.

Posts: 15277 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Worth a watch if you've never seen it.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have been a fan of Josh Freese since the early 90s, when he was playing with Paul Westerberg, seen him play live a couple of times in clubs, the guy was a hard hitter. One of my all time favorite drummers in music. Glad to see him get a payday gig.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Foo Fighters new album dropped today - “But Here We Are”. I can best describe it as a heavy (in music and lyrics) attempt to work out Dave’s grief over recently losing both his mother and his best friend and drummer (Taylor Hawkins) . The lyrics are discernible without needing a lyrics sheet and I think any of the 10 songs on the album (only 48 minutes) could be a hit single on the average album.

Songs take a few interesting twists as they progress, and as a person who admits that music causes me tear up more than everyday reality, there are some really tough lyrics and vocals to work through.

Typically I don’t read The NY Times, but they did a good job on this review.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/0...e-we-are-review.html

There 3 songs stuck out, but the whole Album is amazing - I’m on my 3rd listen today…not as background music, but straight up listening and appreciating the emotion and depth of the lyrics.

But Here We Are

The Teacher - written for Dave’s mom

Rest -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just got an email that the Foo are coming to Houston. Waiting on the presale & hoping the tickets aren't too crazy. Small venue, too.

Edit: Presale live. 5k person capacity venue....>6k people 'in line' ahead of me....

Edit 2: Sold out in 45 min... at least for that presale

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Just got an email that the Foo are coming to Houston. Waiting on the presale & hoping the tickets aren't too crazy. Small venue, too.

Edit: Presale live. 5k person capacity venue....>6k people 'in line' ahead of me....

Edit 2: Sold out in 45 min... at least for that presale

General sale went live today, jumped on the lobby about 5 min in, with 5k people queued up ahead of me. Completely sold out in 30 min. Frown