Notify
Tools

Young Sheldon Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Anyone else wonder how old Sheldon got a speech impediment ?
What speech impediment is that?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is it that Sheldon, the "once-in-a-generation" intellect, is bested by Paige, a girl from his small hometown.

Posts: 781 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Anyone else wonder how old Sheldon got a speech impediment ?
What speech impediment is that?

I looked for the technical term.

Turns out it's called a lisp.

And no Jim Parson does not have one.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55141 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting an old thread to state the inevitable.

He now is dealing with his father's death at the most turmoiled time of his life.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34365 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The character in BBT with the speech impediment is Barry Kripke played by John Ross Bowie.

Posts: 7647 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People have told me that there is yet another spin off coming.

The George Jr. and Mandy
Story.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55141 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Just watched the final two episodes. I found the one dealing with the aftermath of his father’s unexpected death to be extremely well done. I lost my father unexpectedly while in high school and found the episode to capture the experience in a very true and compelling manor. It might be the best depiction in any show I have watched.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2428 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post