Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Hop head |
***This is an older thread***** and it is the first thread that pulled up when I search Silo and Sigforum (Well specifically sigforum silo) hope this passes muster, so, 8 episodes in, with an attempt to not give any spoilers, at first it had a kinda more gritty but Logan's Run vibe, now, not so much, kinda, as mentioned, a bit slow, but also a good, at least to me, lots of twists and turns, meanwhile, wondering the logistics etc of such a place, 10K of people, in a deep hole, they show a big generator that powers the place, and a few garden plots, wondering how much area a garden would take to feed that many? and at 140+ yrs old, how do they replace the meds in the hospitals etc, https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/ | |||
|
| Save an Elephant Kill a Poacher ![]() |
I have watched both seasons and find it OK, the drama waiting for what happens. But is it my TV or is it just filmed in absolute dark settings. Many times all I see are ghostly images and hear the accompanying dialogue. And no, there is nothing wrong with my TV color settings! 'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg NRA Certified Pistol Instructor NRA Certified Rifle Instructor NRA Life Member | |||
|
| E tan e epi tas |
It’s a “darker” show due to the setting but I’ve had absolutely no issues seeing anything. Take Care, Shoot Safe, Chris | |||
|
| Live long and prosper ![]() |
Been watching it. Have absolutely no background references so i’m judgi g by what i see. Hoped it would move in a more dynamic way. Still curious about comes next but when i stop watching i don’t feel the need to resume. Not an RPG player so i could’t connect with the Fallout TV series. Even tried playing the game for a bit but no joy. Now i’m also watching Paradise, that somehow deals with similar societies and circumstances, different timelines. So far, so good. 0-0 "OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20 | |||
|
| Member |
My wife and I liked it. Watched the first two seasons. Rebecca Ferguson is good in it. | |||
|
His Royal Hiney![]() |
*** OLD OLD THREAD *** I was wondering why I don't see any recent threads on this show; I'm so far behind. I like the premise. It's a sci-fi sub-genre that is more like a thriller/mystery placed in a sci-fi setting. While I like it, I echo the sentiments that it is slow and I don't have the "got to finish this episode" urge. I regularly stop in the middle of an episode. I'm in Episode 7 of season 2. I take it there's no season 3? I hope I'm not left hanging and this season wraps up the story. And, no, I haven't read the books. "It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946. | |||
|
| I swear I had something for this |
Season 3 and 4 were green lit and are being filmed at the same time. | |||
|
| Hop head |
no release date for Season 3, but internet and AI are guessing mid 2026 https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/ | |||
|
| Live long and prosper ![]() |
Waiting for it. Sort of started watching Silo, Paradise and Fallout at the same time. Never played Fallout so it bored me quick enough. Paradise had awful plot holes but it is entertaining. Silo got my attention and i need to know where it’s headed. 0-0 "OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20 | |||
|
His Royal Hiney![]() |
I'm considering buying the trilogy. It'll be cheaper to read the kindle version than to wait and pay for the apple subscription. "It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946. | |||
|
Member![]() |
Resurrecting this thread, again. 9 episodes into S1 & enjoying it, definitely different. The Enemy's gate is down. | |||
|
Lost![]() |
Recently binged the first three seasons, can't wait for S4 (July 2027). It's slow-paced, but the concept is so unique it keeps me in. And I also find it a little dark, but if I squint I can see everything. | |||
|
Member![]() |
I made this same comment, my wife came in & I had all the lights off [lamp was putting a glare on the screen]. The Enemy's gate is down. | |||
|
Lost![]() |
Guess I'm not the only one who was wondering that. But I just chalked it up to dramatic license, as I find the show's overall approach to engineering pretty genuine. | |||
|
| Member |
The current season is losing me. It's taking me more than a week to get through episode 2 and I'm still only about halfway through. I lose interest after about 5 minutes. My don't care factor is high. I might just skip to the last episode. I was waiting impatiently for the season to be released. And waited for all episodes to be available before I started watching. How disappointing to not be enjoying it. "Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book | |||
|
Member![]() |
Finished season 1 last night. Twist at the end, expected but a surprise. Looking forward to S2. The Enemy's gate is down. | |||
|
Member![]() |
I’m asking you that have watched it if it’s worth it. I love me some Rebecca. She is very beautiful and a phenomenal actress. But the Apple overlords are jacking the price up on their streaming platform, yet again. And since every platform is doing this it’s time to cut cut cut. I’m burnt out on series as I prefer films. There are just far too many series and not enough quality films being made. But this is one of the few I wanted to watch. I remember when Apple+ or whatever it was called was $10. It’s now $14.99 + tax. What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone | |||
|
Member![]() |
I've enjoyed S1, with no knowledge of the story prior to starting it. The Enemy's gate is down. | |||
|
| Live long and prosper ![]() |
Fully agree with Kevin (Onata). Just can’t care enough to move forward at this point. Started ep 2 of current season only to stop right away. Not getting to know the new time frame… Will keep working on it. 0-0 "OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20 | |||
|
| Hop head |
I enjoyed Season1, Season 2 was good, only seen 1 episode of season 3, and not sure yet if it will be as good https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/ | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

