New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blues Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I use to listen to Buddy Guy as there were a lot of different types of blues music. It was bought out by Google and the music disappeared.

Does anyone know of an app or location where I can hear different types of blues music?

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sirius XM Channel 74. BB Kings Blues Channel.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I listen to that channel a lot. It is one of my favorites. I need to get an app so I can get it on my phone.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
IF you are an Amazon Prime member, there is a ton of blues on Amazon music. I stream it all day at work. Just the content from Joe Bonamassa would take you two days to hear it all

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out The Alligator blues site.
Here’s some info on wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alligator_Records

Their site.
https://www.alligator.com/

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Amazon Prime, Pandora, Spotify, all have blues channels.

Search Blues on utoob, lots of music videos and it will have plenty of different artists, search Buddy Guy and you'll get him and others.

Utoob Blues

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be had to find.
I use Qobuz for HiRes Audio and there is lots of blues available.
YMMV

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I listen to that channel a lot. It is one of my favorites. I need to get an app so I can get it on my phone.

"Musi" app is what I use for music. I plays Youtube playlists while being able to lock the screen. Download it, open it up, and search Youtube directly through it for anything on there and there's no ads that you have to sit and listen to before you hear your music, though there is a popup screen for an ad you can close after about twenty seconds. Minor inconvenience for all the music of youtube.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I installed the app for Amazon Prime and really enjoyed the music this evening.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Pandoras Blues Guitar Legends put the XM station to shame.

I had Serius for years until the changed the format over to BB Kings Blues channel, their content took a big nosedive. They no longer played and classics.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty loyal to Pandora because I’ve discovered so much good music through it. I have the best success creating a station around an artist I like and then giving a thumbs up or thumbs down as appropriate. Over time you create the perfect station. Since you specifically said “different types of Blues,” I would try a general Blues station and do the same thing. I found a general Blues station didn’t really work for me. You CAN combine stations say, Buddy Guy and Stevie Ray, or Albert King and BB King. Hope you find what you’re looking for

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I was listening to Pandora today. I have a plethora of blues music now.