SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    redstone's LedZep post makes me want to rank their albums
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

redstone's LedZep post makes me want to rank their albums Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I'm going to give my list of Led Zeppelin albums from favorite to least favorite and a brief reason. I invite you to make you list.

1. Presence - I think this is Jimmy Page's best guitar work and Achilles Last Stand is my favorite LedZep song
  2. Houses of the Holy - every song is moving or exciting, No Quarter is a masterpiece. Probably their best song writing.
  3. Led Zeppelin IV - most put this as number one and it is exemplary. I think it was the first Led Zeppelin album I heard when my uncle lent me the 8-track when I was 4 or 5. It's awesome but just not their absolute best.
  4. Led Zeppelin I - i forgot it but it's after IV Smile
  5. Led Zeppelin II - it's just here in the middle. A great background album for hanging out.
  6. CODA - this album has special meaning as it was the first record I bought with my own money. Very cool grooves.
  7. Led Zeppelin III - it's good but I'd rather listen to II
  8. Physical Graffiti - I didn't get into this one until recently and maybe it deserves a higher place on the list but it's not familiar. I rarely reach for it.
  9. In Through the Out Door - I'll spin it once in a while but I always felt they didn't take this one seriously

Let's see your ranking.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark123,

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
You forgot the best one.

The first one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA9Rec1qAFQ

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
You forgot the best one.

The first one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA9Rec1qAFQ
Haha. I did leave it off. Big Grin I'll fix it.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
I've ranked these based on how much I've replayed the albums over the years. I have the original LPs I bought back in the 70s, the 180/200 gram LPs (2000s) and the 2014/15 remasters (24/96 digital).

• Physical Graffiti - released in my HS years, wore this out then & still the LZ album I tend to reach for first.
  • Presence - kinda punk-influenced with interesting time signatures, guitar style more "metal". I immediately liked it when released and haven't tired of it 40+ years later.
  • III - variety of song styles endeared me to this one. Some friends disliked it because it wasn't like I & II but this album showed LZ wasn't a one-trick pony.
  • Houses of the Holy - pure excellence.
  • Zoso/IV - excellent but just doesn't come off the shelf often ("Stairway" overload).
  • I & II - Nothing better if you're in the mood for hard rock.
  • In Through The Out Door - interesting but doesn't get played often. When someone comes overs and asks to "crank up the Zeppelin" I often throw on "Hot Dog" to see how they react.
  • Coda - good compilation but doesn't get played often.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post