SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Bob Wills Is Still The King"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Bob Wills Is Still The King" Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
I love old country.

"It don't matter who's in Austin Bob Wills is still the king".

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I love old country.

I'm sure you've heard Asleep at the Wheel, but if not, then check them out. Carrying on the Bob Wills tradition.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Here is another take on Waylon's tribute song to Bob Wills

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up on Bob Wills, Hank Thompson, Ernst Tubbs, etc. and that is still my kind of music. I now live about 5 miles from Waylon's hometown. For several years he back in the '80's he would come home and bring some of his "friends" and put on a concert and let the Chamber charge at the gate (he charged nothing as I understood)& they would sing for hours. Drew quite a crowd.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 727 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dad used to like Cowboy Copas, Mom liked E. Tubbs.

Dad used say that Ernest couldn't carry any tune in any bucket .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
My wife and I had tickets to see Asleep at the Wheel in Goliad a few months ago, but Covid tanked it at the last second. Even though they have no more of the Texas Playboys playing with them anymore, they are the closest I can get to Bob Wills. To me, Bob is still the KING!!!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post