SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Recommend/rate your Peloton rides/workouts thread…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend/rate your Peloton rides/workouts thread… Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Haven’t checked in on this thread for awhile, really liking the NordicTrack bike and glad I made the switch.

NordicTrack rides are more “virtual” focused instead of studio classes. Outdoor, first person view riding with a “trainer”. Really dig how the bike auto-adjusts the resistance and adds incline as a secondary resistance feature.

I am coming up on the one year mark in my weight loss journey, and am hoping to hit the 150 lb loss mark by Monday.

I have done at least one ride a day since June 18, 2021. My plan is to make it until June 18 this year before I take a day off.

With the spring weather getting better, I have had a change to get on the “real” bike again as well. I did a 60 mile ride on my Mtn Bike a couple weeks ago, 4.5 hours and felt great. An hour after finishing it, I did a 20 minute ride on the NordicTrack to keep my streak going.

I also have a NordicTrack Elliptical and ProForm rower (uses NT app) and have become a full blown exercise addict. Never thought that could happen to me.

I did four 30+ minute rides today, back to back with just a few minutes between them to save stats and load the next one. Total of 35.8 miles, 1898 calories burned over 132 minutes, and a total output of 1632 kj energy.

I have to say after two months with the NordicTrack, I prefer it over the Peloton. Peloton bike is a bit more polished, and their app is 5 star while I would give NT app 4 stars, but all in all for actual ride enjoyment I would recommend NT over Peloton unless you prefer a studio experience or “live” rides. In the two years I had my Peloton, I never did a single live ride.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Initially I was leaning towards the NordicTrack because I presumed I would prefer the outdoor rides, a NT strength, vs the spin classes. But I came across some complaints about poor customer service with NT compared to Peloton and that swayed me to Peloton. It turns out that I really enjoy the spin classes which I never expected.

Congratulations on your results! Full beast mode yesterday Big Grin

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've slacked off a bit, but still keeping my weekly streak alive.
A ride this week will put me at 57 weeks.

We're in the process of possibly moving, so we've been getting the house ready to show & trying to find the right place for us, so weekends have been home tours.

Hoping to get a ride in today, since I'm working from home & the baby should go down for a nap in a bit.
Work from home days usually are only 20-30 min rides, either one ride or a 'stack' wit ha warmup & cooldown bookending a 10-15min ride.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15281 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
20 min metal ride with K Toole
Brutal, I'm a bit out of practice & struggled a bit more than I expected to.

Topped my PR by 11 points (new PR: 232) from earlier this month.

Posts: 15281 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
200th ride today & a 66 week streak
My goal of riding twice a week went out the window when we started house shopping & had our house on the market, but am maintaining at least once a week & trying to get at least 30 min.

Can definitely tell my form is suffering a bit with only riding once a week.
I was breaking PRs weekly & am struggling to get close to them now.

Hopefully after the move, I can get back to 2 a week or better.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Well done!

I break from the Peloton for the summer and hit the trails with my road bike. Keep at it!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I need to get back on the road bike.
The Peloton is so convenient to get in a hard 30 while my littlest one takes a nap.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
200th ride today & a 66 week streak

Well done!

I took the FTP test and started doing powerzone rides and now, every ride has become a powerzone ride Smile I'm riding a little more than 300 miles a month and I anchor my week with a 90 minute endurance ride every Saturday or Sunday. During the week I do 45 or 60 minutes rides every other day with strength classes on the off days. Adding the strength classes really upped the game for me.

I'm a very happy Pelonut at this point. Keep it up

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've done the FTP test a couple times to get my zones set.
Will have to try one of the power zone rides.

Wilpers was my go to when we first got the bike, the he went almost exclusively to PZ classes.

posted Hide Post
Did my annual health screening last week and confirmed big improvements across the board with a 35lb weight loss. More to go but I'm really pleased with my fitness results on the Peloton platform.

My current routine is alternate bike and strength class days, 7 days per week with a rest day whenever I think I need one - usually once about every 2 weeks. 60 minute PZ rides (at least one max ride per week) during the week with a 90 minute PZ endurance ride on the weekend. For strength classes I'm doing a 15 minute core workout, a 30 minute upper body, then a 10 minute full body stretch. It's a challenging but fun hour.

I was on the road for a week for work and exercised every morning in my hotel room. It worked really well. I remain a very happy Pelonut and am enjoying the journey. I'll take a new FTP test next week as my levels seem a bit low. I can hang out in zone 6 easily when we're supposed to be in zone 5.

This afternoon is a 60 minute PZ endurance ride with Wilpers. He's my go-to now.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We're still unpacking, so my twice a week (or more) goal has been suffering.
Keeping my streak alive, 70 weeks strong, all cycling.

Should be able to get in 20-30 today (work from home on Wednesdays).

Need to do a new FTP test & see where I am, I know the PZs make a lot more sense after the last [first] FTP test set them based on the class. Pretty sure they're still a bit low, as I'm still in 5-7 on a lot of the (7+ rated) classes I usually take. Before, I was almost always near the top or over the max zone, as it was the generic setting from the beginning.

Our garage was converted into a room with its own mini-split AC, but the flooring [or the bike] need a bit of work as the bike rocks just a bit.
Too many boxes in there to get it set & perfect for now, just enough room to get on the bike & ride without hitting anything.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
1,300 miles on the Peloton as of last night.

83 week streak, was averaging twice a week, more recently it's down to once a week.

234 total rides

Haven't hit any PRs in a while. But, I'm happy to hit 100 output per 10 minutes, that's usually my goal.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Took this week off as my FIL got some dental work done & was on weight restrictions (he watches our kids during the week while we're at work).
Currently at a 8 day & 92 week streak.
Haven't had a PR since July, but this push this week has me getting back close to my PR numbers.

Recently, I'd been finishing 10-15 points under, and the last few I've been tied to 5 away.

Forced my self to take a couple light rides (I find my self going in to take an easy ride & get sucked into a harder session). Was getting a little bit of knee discomfort after consecutive push rides.

I think I'm about 170 mins from 2k for the year, hoping to hit that by the end of the month.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Did my first 60 min ride in over a year.
Prior PR was 548, killed that & put up a 633
Was also my 304th ride & am running on a 103 week consecutive streak. Trying to ride at least 2x/wk.

60 is a long ride to go nowhere, not sure when/if I'll try a 75 or 90min.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Seat post recall
https://support.onepeloton.com...icles/14762167850260

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Still at it, now have all my PRs in the current year. Haven't tried a 75 or 90 min class yet. That's a long time on the bike.

134 week streak, try for twice a week, but only mange 1 some weeks.
372 total rides & about 2,240 [per Strava] miles total.

posted Hide Post
I've stuck with the Peloton platform almost 2 1/2 years now. I've been hitting it hard in Jan and Feb to recover from the holiday weight gain. Too many cookies, too little will power Big Grin

Last 30 day stats:
26 Active days
31hr 16 min
16,500 kcal

Most noteworthy ride to me was a 120 minute Power zone Endurance ride with Matt Wilpers. 1,377kj, 41.69 miles, 191 watts average output. It was unpleasant but achievable. I actually felt pretty good the last 40 minutes.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Next week, I'll hit my 3 year streak. At least once a week for 3 years. 403 total rides.
My goal is twice a week, but our busy schedule makes that tough, especially now that my youngest (3yrs old) no longer naps midday, which was my ride time.

My last 30 days:
4 days
2 hrs
2,339 kcal

My numbers have taken a dip, with my last 2 30 min rides not breaking 300 output.

The German instructor Charlotte Weidenbach has become one of my favorites, with Kendall & Emma rounding out the top 3.

Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Kendall. Metal. You know you’re in trouble when she starts by saying “this is the hardest thing I teach.” Awesome, but damn.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post