SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Recommend/rate your Peloton rides/workouts thread…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend/rate your Peloton rides/workouts thread… Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
Seems there are a few of us #sigforum folks using Peloton equipment. There are a few different Peloton threads in the lounge, I thought I’d start a thread to see if any interest in a thread on rides/workouts folks might recommend to take (or avoid).

I’m a big fan of Jenn Sherman, especially her “Yacht Rock” rides. So I have done them several times.

This morning I wanted to push it a little harder, but for only 30 minutes. Ended up doing the “30 min Sweat Steady ride” with Jess King from 9/18/21.

Good steady 80+ cadence and 50ish resistance for 30 min, got a good sweat going and enjoyed it. A lot of music that was new to me but not my norm. Jess has a very positive vide with good energy.

Anyone else want to chime in on their choices?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Kendall Toole
She'll push you hard & does a lot of hard rock & metal. She's probably my favorite

2nd would be Emma Lovewell, less intense, but lots of good rock.

Denis Morton & Matt Wilpers are good too, but Wilpers does mostly power zone rides now.

Recently, I've been really enjoying climb rides over HIIT or Tabata. I like the high resistance & lower cadence.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of Kendall Toole, she pushes me harder than I would probably go otherwise. I finally made it to my 50th ride and did her 45 minute Metallica Ride…I broke a personal record on it. When I first started riding, I had a difficult time actually finishing it.

For a bit of a less stressful and not so intense ride, I do the Hanna Corbin rides. She has a number of advanced beginner and low impact rides…I can usually keep up with her.

To add - I’m connected with all of the #SigForum members as far as I know.

I believe I have the same user name on Peloton.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12298 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Good info so far guys, idea was more about recommending specific rides/workouts that you have done.

This morning I had a lot of stress to burn off after a bad day yesterday. Did a ride I wouldn’t normally pick.

Jess King 45 min Sweat Steady (dated 10/9/21)

It was just what I needed. I usually only do 20-30 minute rides (bit usually 2-3 of them a day) to give my arthritic knee a break but I wanted a good hard sweat and this was just the ride.

Upped my personal best 45 min output from a previous 407 kJ to 463 kJ today, going 15.06 miles and burning 737 calories averaging a 49% resistance with avg 78 cadence.

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
I have struggled with many of the personalities the trainers have. For the most part Ben Alldis has been good and he is almost who I exclusively use for all of my different Peloton workouts. I occasionally try someone else and immediately remember why I go with Ben.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Did my first “Tabata” ride today!

I had seen mention of Tabata but never heard of it and assumed it was some sort of “ethnic” music.

Did a little DuckDuckGo-ing and found out it was a type of High intensity interval training of 20 second on and 10 seconds off for 8 cycles then a rest period.

Decided to give it try and picked Ally Love 30 min Tabata Ride dated 10/26/21. Did on demand even though it is her most recent ride.

I can highly recommend this ride!

I also recommend Ally, she is quickly becoming one of my instructors. She has a nice peaceful and encouraging manner.

Followed up with one of her 5 min cool down rides and I am ready to face my day.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I did a Tunde Tabata ride recently & it was tougher than I was expecting.
Definitely a big shift from the high resistance climb rides I'd been frequenting.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Kendall Toole
20 min Metal Ride - 10/27/21
User rated at a 8.8

First half, I'd put between a 6-7 in difficulty. I was comfortably at the top end of the suggested resistance.

3/4 in the 7-8 range, lower to middle of suggested resistance.

Last 3-4 minutes (before the 'cooldown') were brutal, easily 8-9. I was keeping up on resistance, but just couldn't spin faster than about 60rpm.

Ended at 19.5k out of 48k users, with an avg output of 163 watts.

Slowly getting back into pre-Rona shape.
My 20 minute PR is a 206, today was a 195.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’ve stayed pretty constantly with Kendall Toole but could not resist the idea of a Foo Fighter ride so took Emma Lovewell’s 30 minute class today.

Fantastic playlist, I broke an output PR and like her style. Will have to explore a few more of hers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12298 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I’ve stayed pretty constantly with Kendall Toole but could not resist the idea of a Foo Fighter ride so took Emma Lovewell’s 30 minute class today.

Fantastic playlist, I broke an output PR and like her style. Will have to explore a few more of hers.

Kendall & Emma are easily my top 2.
Emma's not quite as hardcore as Kendall, but she still puts out some pretty tough classes.

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

Kendall & Emma are easily my top 2.
Emma's not quite as hardcore as Kendall, but she still puts out some pretty tough classes.

I like Emma’s style as well and have done several of her rides. Only thing I have a problem with is the high cadence she frequently goes with. My absolute max cadence is about 85-90 no matter how low I go on resistance. I just go slower with higher resistance to make up for it.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I can spin in the low 100s but only at a moderate resistance.

Did a Denis Morton climb class last week, he had resistance in the 50-70 range & was calling for 90RPM, IIRC. And, it was at the end of the class when you're gassed out.
Was not happening on my end. I matched the resistance, but was spinning in the 60RPM range, or so.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
911Boss

That’s an interesting observation, that’s the first thing I noticed today when I took her ride is how often she wanted to go 45 seconds at 110! Lol

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I’m over 500 rides now, the majority of them (or close to it) are the scenic rides as I had problems matching Cadence/Resistance the instructors would call out.

At some point I realized I could do whatever cadence/resistance I wanted and started doing the on-demand rides just for the different music and instructor motivation.

Occasionally I will sort of follow the plan, but I usually do my own thing. Start with 40-45 resistance, work my way up in steps to 60-65 and then back down over the course of the ride. Steps are anywhere from 2.5-10 minutes depending on how I feel and how long the ride is.

Cadence varies, I try to maintain 18mph or better and energy output is spent mostly 145-200kj. On every ride I try to get at least one burst of 325kj or better.

I’ve done at least one, and usually 3-4 rides a day for almost six months straight. 12/17 will be 180 days without missing a single day. Been riding like a crazy man this month, averaging over 31 miles a day on the Peloton. On top of that I use a rowing machine and a new Pro-Form elliptical we just got so my total daily average is north of 38 miles a day for this month. Last month I did over 900 miles total, OCD kicked in and I decided ”Hey, if I can do 900+ in month, I’m sure I could do 1000”.

This will be my last month of crazy miles. I am about 15 pounds away from my goal and will be dialing it back.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That's pretty awesome, boss!
I average about 2 days/week. With 3 kids & 8-5job + commute, spare time is a premium. I work from home most Wednesdays, so ride at lunch, and usually try to get a ride in on the weekend.

I'm sitting at 99 rides, century coming this week. Either today or tomorrow.

My average output is around 150-175 & I usually average around 20mph +/- 2mph during a class.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I posted this elsewhere, but maybe it is more appropriate in the Peloton thread. As I’ve mentioned, Kendall Toole is my go-to instructor.

In November of 2020 I was just starting out on Peloton and completed her 45 Minute Metallica Ride.

About a year later in 2021 I did it again…still work to do, but I am pleased with the overall improvement and efficiency in key metrics:

Oct 2020
Body weight: 307 pounds
Avg HR: 141
Output = 109kj
Dist = 5.1 miles
Cal = 147
Output = 60 watts
Cadence= 66 RPM
Avg Resistance = 30%
Avg speed= 11.5 mph

Nov 2021
Body weight: 267 pounds
Avg HR: 134
Output = 267kj
Dist = 11.35 miles
Cal = 359
Output = 99 watts
Cadence= 80 RPM
Avg Resistance = 37%
Avg speed= 15.1 mph

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thats a good improvement. I'll have to check my numbers on that ride. I think my total output was at/near 400.
Thats a brutal class, might do that for my century Eek

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's pretty awesome, boss!
I average about 2 days/week. With 3 kids & 8-5job + commute, spare time is a premium. I work from home most Wednesdays, so ride at lunch, and usually try to get a ride in on the weekend.

I'm sitting at 99 rides, century coming this week. Either today or tomorrow.

My average output is around 150-175 & I usually average around 20mph +/- 2mph during a class.

I have the luxury of being on an extended break from work and being empty nesters, have a lot of time on my hands. Once I go back to work my goal is to get at least 30-45 min of good exercise a day on work days and 60 min or more on my days off.

I should be at my goal weigh by then so it will be maintenance work at that point.

quote:
Thats a good improvement. I'll have to check my numbers on that ride. I think my total output was at/near 400.
Thats a brutal class, might do that for my century Eek

If you weren’t aware, once you complete your 100th ride, Peloton sends you a free T-shirt.

Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
I posted this elsewhere, but maybe it is more appropriate in the Peloton thread. As I’ve mentioned, Kendall Toole is my go-to instructor.

In November of 2020 I was just starting out on Peloton and completed her 45 Minute Metallica Ride.

About a year later in 2021 I did it again…still work to do, but I am pleased with the overall improvement and efficiency in key metrics:…

Good job Ronin! I’ll have to remember to do a similar comparison in about 4 months when I hit the 1 year point from getting serious about the bike and getting in shape.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Century

Jenn Sherman - 20 min Climb - 12/17/21

Beat my PR (206) by 4 points, new PR 210

Tough class, starts light to moderate & moves o brutal.
Finish was >70 resistance & 65RPM

For a lot of the class, I was 10-20 behind my PR, then the high resistance climbs at the end slingshot me over it.

Was 12/96 of those there 'live'
977/4789 lifetime

Was going to do a 45 minute & shoot for a new PR there, but got tied up in a meeting & my 1yr old's nap time is my pelo time. So I had to go shorter.