SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Recommend/rate your Peloton rides/workouts thread…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend/rate your Peloton rides/workouts thread… Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^20 has been my go-to recently.
Will have to look that one up for my next ride.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
RE: Century Rides

Apparently only the primary on the account gets the freebies.
My wife got a century t-shirt, nada for me.

Not a big deal, just a note.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2 PRs in 2 days.

Set my 10 min PR on Saturday (at the end of pg 2)
Didn't intend to on Sunday, but got in a 20 minute ride & topped my PR by 1 point (211 total output).

Jenn Sherman - 20min 90s Rock Ride from 12/21/21
Started out pretty light & I was running at the top of the resistance indicated
The end got really heavy (72% at 55rpm), saw that I was closing on my PR & pushed a bit harder to stay above it.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
3 rides (not including warm-up/cool-down rides) 3 PRs so far this year.

K Toole - 20 min 2000 Ride - 1/10/22
Started fairly light, then got heavier & heavier as it progressed.
Topped my PR from 1/8/22 by 1 point, new 20 min PR 212.

Also found I need new shoes.
The rigid sole is separating from the shoe on the R foot.
Though it was feeling odd the last couple rides & thought something was loose between the shoe/sole.
Also found a small crack in the sole at the rear of the cleat.

Guess I'll be making a LBS run this weekend.
Was wanting a new pair, but was avoiding justifying it.
A bit over 10 years, a couple thousand miles on the road, and just shy of 700 miles on the Peloton.

silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I’ve been riding just about every day, typically 30 minutes but I’m still finding my way with different instructors. I did buy shoes and they make a big difference but I hearing a bit of popping particularly at 50 or higher resistance. I’m really enjoying it and find it’s a great stress reliever at the end of the day.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Since I'm using Look cleats, mine have a bit of play & make a bit of light noise. I think they're a bit thinner than whatever the Peloton 'official' should be.
My wife has aftermarket/generic Look cleats & hers click, too, mostly at high cadence. Doesn't seem to be affected by resistance.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Was going to skip today, since my calves are a bit worn out from prior rides this week.
Got on & chose a short 20 min Low Impact with E Lovewell.

About 90 seconds in, a friend/following user popped up, nice to get a ride in with a SF member.
What was supposed to be a light ride got motivated trading spots on the board.
No regrets Big Grin It was a good ride & finished about 8 off my PR.

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

911Boss,

Sorry to see you leave the Peloton ranks but glad you will continue to check in here. Truthfully your story and results inspired me to get back into the game. I thank you for sharing.

I really went back and forth about it. While I was slow starting on the Peloton (got it Feb 2020, didn’t really start using consistently until Apr 2021) it has been absolutely instrumental in shedding the pounds (down 150 lbs in 9 months).

In September I picked up a ProForm rower from Costco ($400) that included 1 year family iFit. Then in December, we extended the iFit family subscription for 3 more years ($1400) to get a “free” ProForm Carbon E7 Elliptical. I’ve really been enjoying the iFit programs on the rower and elliptical. The app isn’t quite as polished as Peloton’s, but offers pretty much the same stuff. Strength, yoga, stretching, meditation, etc. in addition to the bike/elliptical/rowing equipment workouts.

With 4 years of the monthly iFit covered, it just made sense to sell the Peloton and pick up an iFit bike. Costco came through again, NordicTrack S10i for $1200 including delivery and ANOTHER year of iFit subscription. So no monthly fees until November [b][/b]2026. Sold my Peloton for $1000 to a friend, so out of pocket to switch bikes was $200.

I did a “demo” iFit ride by setting my Peloton up to “just ride” on my guest account so it wouldn’t impact my stats, then pulled up an iFit ride on the iPad and used it to cue speed/resistance. I did a 15 minute trail ride in Moab Utah and really liked the way iFit does their outdoor rides, seemed a bit optimistic on calorie burn but hard to say since the app wasn’t actually connected to a bike. Will see how they compare on the real deal next week.

IFit seems to be more interactive on their outdoor rides with other riders and changing viewpoints instead of just the helmet cam view. Also you have some choice in music instead of the soundtrack being locked to the ride. Trainer audio is a separate track and you can select the genre of music you like. Another difference I am looking forward to is the NordicTrack bike adjusts resistance automatically with the rides (if you want it to).

Bottom line, Peloton subscription is $480/year. After 5 months, I’ve recouped the cost difference for switching bikes, then I save about $2080 on monthly fees over the next 4+ years. If they had a cheaper “tier” subscription that just offered the outdoor rides, I might have kept it as those were the majority of my 625 (so far) rides. Since I recently retired, the extra monthly cost just wasn’t worth the overlap.

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Since I'm using Look cleats, mine have a bit of play & make a bit of light noise. I think they're a bit thinner than whatever the Peloton 'official' should be.
My wife has aftermarket/generic Look cleats & hers click, too, mostly at high cadence. Doesn't seem to be affected by resistance.

Peloton uses Look Delta cleats, are your shoes Look Keo by chance? Similar, but Keo is a little smaller than Delta. Keo will clip into Delta pedals but have more play. Delta won’t clip into Keo pedals.

Delta is the older Look cleat, Keo is the newer one.

quote:
Was going to skip today, since my calves are a bit worn out from prior rides this week.
Got on & chose a short 20 min Low Impact with E Lovewell.

About 90 seconds in, a friend/following user popped up, nice to get a ride in with a SF member.
What was supposed to be a light ride got motivated trading spots on the board.
No regrets Big Grin It was a good ride & finished about 8 off my PR.

I enjoyed riding/racing Wink with you today! I had done a 30 minute ride earlier, then a 10 min strength workout. Just as I finished the strength workout I got notified I had a follower working out and gave me the option to see what you were doing.

Saw you were on a Emma Lovewell (one of my favorites) 20 min low impact ride and said to myself, “Sure, I can do another 20 minutes!” then it was game on! I had a pretty light day yesterday (only 6.5. miles compared to my usual 20+) so I was fresh and ready to crush it.

Enjoyed our brief video chat, neat feature I had never used before and probably won’t use again as the my Peloton goes away on Jan 23rd.

Glad to see people sharing their experiences, I will continue to check into this thread. I started an iFit thread, will see if anyone else is using that program. I’ve searched and didn’t come up with any iFit posts though. Once my Peloton is gone, I will post my final stats.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Hannah Corbin has a 45 minute classic rock ride (dated 1/6/22) that gave me a good work out.

Got into it pretty hard with some 30year old. He seemed to take exception to the 50+ yo passing him and decided he wanted to play.

Once I got about 30 kj ahead of him he gave up trying to catch me. Good thing too, because I was spent.

Will do that ride again in the next day or so with my cleats on and try for a new PR (502+) for a 45 minute ride.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Robin Arzon 10 min climb - 1/12/22
Brutal. No warmup & resistance was 77-100 at the end.
Steady cadence in the 50-60rpm range & progressively heavier resistance.
Topped my PR by 7, then a 2nd PR on an Olivia Amato 5 min cool down

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
January was a good month.
My goal this year is to ride at least twice a week & at least 1 PR a month.

I think in the past, I was riding in my comfort zone a lot, and at the end of the year getting my aerobic capacity back post-Covid.

I think in Jan I set something like 8 PRs
26 total rides
Ended on a PR with a 30 min Mayla Wedekind (30 min Indie Rock from 1/27/22) class (in English), 320 total output, topped my prior PR by 7.
Once I got the accent down, she's an enjoyable instructor.

On to Feb & pushing harder.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Feb was an active month.
Been averaging 3x a week & have beaten all but my 60 min PR (all set in 2021).

I blew out my old (12 yrs or so) Shimano SPD R076 mid ride in Feb. Sole almost completely separated from the shoe.
Bought a new pair, Shimano RC300 with BOA adjustment. Much lighter than the old shoes & more comfortable now that I've broken them in a bit.

According to my Strava records, I've done 893 miles on the bike. 159 total rides. Currently on a 53 week streak.

posted Hide Post
145 rides in now, still loving it. I’ve added a 10 minute core workout before every ride which I’m also enjoying. The first one was hilarious though. I couldn’t stop laughing because some of the moves were just impossible at first. I got there quick enough and actually look forward to them now.

Emma Lovewell and Jen Sherman are my go to instructors. Just tried Ben and liked it, will do more with him. Turns out I’m a competitive rider - I’m usually racing someone on the leaderboard.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1gkek:
145 rides in now, still loving it. I’ve added a 10 minute core workout before every ride which I’m also enjoying. The first one was hilarious though. I couldn’t stop laughing because some of the moves were just impossible at first. I got there quick enough and actually look forward to them now.

Emma Lovewell and Jen Sherman are my go to instructors. Just tried Ben and liked it, will do more with him. Turns out I’m a competitive rider - I’m usually racing someone on the leaderboard.

I made the comment to my wife that I can't seem to take it easy on a ride & she made the same comment about me.

Set my 20 & 30 min PRs this week.
30 min: 338
20 min: 221

The new shoes are helping I think. Able to push harder & not worry about them coming apart.

Emma & Kendall are still probably my top 2 ride instructors.
Jenn & Denis probably my next 2.
Matt Wilpers was one of my preferred, but he almost does solely Power Zone rides now.

posted Hide Post
quote:

... I made the comment to my wife that I can't seem to take it easy on a ride...

Same problem here, but I found a way. I ride with a heart rate monitor so when I need a light ride, I limit myself to stay in heart rate zone 2, no higher (65%-75% max heart rate). It's a challenge to hold back, which is strangely satisfying.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1gkek:
quote:

... I made the comment to my wife that I can't seem to take it easy on a ride...

Same problem here, but I found a way. I ride with a heart rate monitor so when I need a light ride, I limit myself to stay in heart rate zone 2, no higher (65%-75% max heart rate). It's a challenge to hold back, which is strangely satisfying.

I've been meaning to get a HRM, just haven't gotten to it yet.
Which are you using & is it connected to the bike, or a fitness tracker/watch?

posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been meaning to get a HRM, just haven't gotten to it yet.
Which are you using & is it connected to the bike, or a fitness tracker/watch?

Polar chest strap , connects to the bike via bluetooth.

posted Hide Post
Did my 150th ride yesterday, got a little too competitive and set a PR:

- Jenn Sherman 60 min Classic Rock Ride from 7/25/21
- Total output 733kj

This is what the heart rate tracking looks like in the peloton app for this ride:

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I was going to do a 60 today & got tied up with other stuff. Maybe later this week.

posted Hide Post
I’m really liking the Sunday 60 rides. Set a new PR this week and completely exhausted myself. Today I did the 20 min FTP test. Most of the longer rides are power zone rides, so I figured it’s time to find my zones.