Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cold War Movies Login/Join 
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2175 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:

And then there's Charlie Wilson's War, a flick that loosely tells the story of the funding of our future enemies in Afghanistan to defeat the Soviets in THAT war and in turn ultimately bring the end to the Cold War.

One of my favorites. RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman. There were still a lot of good performances in him.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3504 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
The Fourth Protocol was excellent.

Thirteen Days

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6087 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotcha! and Bridge of Spies, because a good part of each movie involved /took place my home town.

Plus I was on the American Sector Side of Glienecke Bridge - in 1980 you could walk out on to it a bit - at least I did. Even the birds that were sitting on the bridge stayed on the side of the American sector of Berlin.

Stripes, Ice Station Zebra, Hunt for Red October.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1688 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2552 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that “The Life of others” was very interesting. A Stasi officer listening to a couple. Originally i thought of Gene Hackman’s The Conversation, also someone listening to others. Brings back memories of my own growing up. Our phone was bugged. You would ask for the tone and it would miraculously return. Once a repairman shower up to fix our phone. Nobody asked for repairs…
Old memories from the 70s

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12182 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Yes - The Lives of Others. I was trying to remember the title.
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
I seem to recall that “The Life of others” was very interesting. A Stasi officer listening to a couple. Originally i thought of Gene Hackman’s The Conversation, also someone listening to others. Brings back memories of my own growing up. Our phone was bugged. You would ask for the tone and it would miraculously return. Once a repairman shower up to fix our phone. Nobody asked for repairs…
Old memories from the 70s

0-0

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6087 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post