Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wicked Woman Login/Join 
posted
Loved this film. Done cheap and looks cheap.LOL
Tall blonde breezes into town with nothing but a suitcase looking for a cheap room and a job. Pretty much runs over everybody in town. A real Man Eater. Ultimate femme fatale.
HERE IS A CLIP:

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's a Poverty Row ripoff of the 1946 film version of James M. Cain's The Postman Always Rings Twice, right down to white outfits worn by Lana Turner all throughout that film.

As an aside, I don't consider the 1946 theatrical release of The Postman Always Rings Twice to be film noir, although it is universally accepted as such. Why? Ever read Cain's novel? Cora isn't angelic-looking; she's plain-looking and she isn't dressed in all white outfits.

Here's a sample of what the novel offers:

“I bit her. I sunk my teeth into her lips so deep I could feel the blood spurt into my mouth. It was running down her neck when I carried her upstairs.”

So, when I see the beautiful Lana Turner dressed in those all-whte outfits, I scoff. It's an OK film, but to me, it's ain't film noir. The problem for MGM was that there was no way that a faithful adaptation of Cain's novel would pass the Production Code in 1946, so we get this compromise.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the insight.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I had never seen it before. I enjoyed it.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's a Poverty Row ripoff of the 1946 film version of James M. Cain's The Postman Always Rings Twice, right down to white outfits worn by Lana Turner all throughout that film.

As an aside, I don't consider the 1946 theatrical release of The Postman Always Rings Twice to be film noir, although it is universally accepted as such. Why? Ever read Cain's novel? Cora isn't angelic-looking; she's plain-looking and she isn't dressed in all white outfits.

Here's a sample of what the novel offers:

“I bit her. I sunk my teeth into her lips so deep I could feel the blood spurt into my mouth. It was running down her neck when I carried her upstairs.”

So, when I see the beautiful Lana Turner dressed in those all-whte outfits, I scoff. It's an OK film, but to me, it's ain't film noir. The problem for MGM was that there was no way that a faithful adaptation of Cain's novel would pass the Production Code in 1946, so we get this compromise.

Para, I am Impressed.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post