SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Who was the guy? What was the movie?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who was the guy? What was the movie? Login/Join 
posted
A guy shot another fellas suit case for some reason.
And the suit case owner complained.

And the shooter told him there's always one guy,
If you go high enough, there's always one guy

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
'Payback', with Mel Gibson. He shoots James Coburn's character's briefcase. "Man, that just RUDE!"

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Hubba hubba.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
There are 2 versions which are drastically different.

The theatrical release is more lighthearted and has a blue-ish filter that gives the movie a 70's vibe.

The director's cut is "darker" and does not have the filter. It is also different in how the plot points are resolved.

Story-wise, I like the director's cut more, but visually I like the filter, so I guess the ideal version for me which doesn't exist is the director's cut with the blue-ish filter.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
^^^ I didn't know this.

Great movie, IMO.

I wanted to kill Val Resnick (played by Gregg Henry) myself, he was such a prick.

Dialog I particularly liked:

Stegman : You know what, Val, this one's on me. OK?

Val Resnick : Do you see me reaching for my fucking wallet?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I was watching Point Blank (1967), for the first time, a few months ago and thought I was having deja vu. Turns out Payback and Point Blank were based off the same story.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
Yes, based on the novel The Hunter by Richard Stark/Donald Westlake.

The character's name in the novel(s) is Parker, but as I understand it, the film makers don't have the rights to the name. I understand there are a number of films based on novels starring "Parker" with the name changed.

I have seen "Parker" portrayed by Jason Statham in the film Parker, co-starring Jennifer Lopez.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Great movie,

Do you understand your value to the organization, Resnick?" "You're a sadist. You lack compunction. That comes in handy."

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
"Let her work"

Posts: 10823 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
I loved that movie, so many great lines in it. Gonna have to try and locate on streaming and watch it again.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Was it rude or mean?

quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
'Payback', with Mel Gibson. He shoots James Coburn's character's briefcase. "Man, that just RUDE!"

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Was it rude or mean?

quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:

By gosh, now that you mention it, you are right. It's been many years since I have seen that movie. Thanks for correcting me.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4735 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
And that clip was from the director's cut. In the theatrical release the voice on the phone is Bronson, played by Kris Kristopherson. In this version Bronson is voiced by Sally Kellerman. One of many differences.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Do they make a directors cut that is for the US zone players?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
I rented the DVD of the Director's Cut from Netflix, back when they were still in DVD business. And I only had a US Zone player back then.

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Do they make a directors cut that is for the US zone players?

Yes they do. https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Payback-Blu-ray/289/

I have an import that has both cuts on it, but is region free. Both cuts are good but I slightly prefer the theatrical version. Kris Kristofferson and his kid added something to it. "Starting to look like roast beef. "

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post