SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Shows you watched from the original date of air to completion.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shows you watched from the original date of air to completion. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
What shows did you watch from the day it premiered on TV to the very end?

I’ve only had two. Justified and The Shield. Many others (like the original Magnum PI) I started when I came out but didn’t get to watch all the way though.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Star Trek Voyager, Game of Thrones, and Rome are the only ones that come to mind.

Everything else I either started watching partway through its TV run, stopped watching partway through its run, watched on DVD/streaming after its run, or debuted after I cut the cord and switched to 100% streaming.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've always been a late adopter, and therefore can binge through it to catch up & finish if the series is already done.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Justified

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lost

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
M*A*S*H

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Battlestar Galactica (2004)

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Star Trek the Next Generation and Star Trek Voyager.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
Too many...way too many.
This century...
Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones, Black Sails, Boardwalk Empire, Justified and Spartacus come to mind, I'm sure I missed some.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1232 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
A bunch, here are some that stick out in my memory
Miami Vice
Spenser for Hire
Equalizer
NYPD Blues
Justified
Game of Thrones

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Justified

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I was 13 years old when "Adam 12" debuted and though I don't recall watching the first episode (in 1968), I really enjoyed watching it as a kid. The variety of calls the two officers responded to and investigations they initiated, were perhaps the spark that ignited my interest in going into law enforcement not quite a decade later. The entire series is now available for viewing on the (free) IMDb streaming channel and just this week, I started watching it from the beginning.

Season One, Episode One has the five plus year veteran officer Pete Malloy, being partnered with probationary officer Jim Reed, just as Malloy is about to resign from LAPD due to the trauma of having his earlier partner killed in the line of duty. It's so interesting to see the changes in law, policies, procedures, equipment, and culture, between then and now. Many of the guests went on to become quite well known in their own right. Here's a pic from one of the first episodes showing a young Martin Milner reading Cloris Leachman her "Miranda rights", about two years before she hit the big time as a regular on the Mary Tyler Moore Show. Ms Leachman was 42 years old at the time this was broadcast and she just passed away in 2021 at the age of 94.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Breaking Bad

This is the only one in recent memory that I eagerly watched every night it was on, it was that good.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Vikings, I guess, although as the end approached, it was more out of time invested than the idea that the show held the same amount of interest for me.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Sopranos.
Justified.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Breaking Bad
Six Feet Under
Nash Bridges

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have never seen any series from start to finish

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sopranos

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: Enterprise
Battlestar Galactica (2004)
Game of Thrones
Silicon Valley
Ballers
The Black Donnellys
John Doe
Firefly

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Bob Newhart Show
The X-Files

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post