SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Punisher II January 18 Netflix
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Punisher II January 18 Netflix Login/Join 
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted
Looking forward to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9nca9cktCI

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Kids and I can't wait until it comes out, but I fear it's going to get canceled, just like all the other Netflix's Marvel shows. The only 2 left are The Punisher and Jessica Jones. Everything else has been canceled already.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dedguy:
My Kids and I can't wait until it comes out, but I fear it's going to get canceled, just like all the other Netflix's Marvel shows. The only 2 left are The Punisher and Jessica Jones. Everything else has been canceled already.

Yeah, big fan of this series too, I hope it doesn't get canceled but won't be surprised if it does. Rumor has it that some/all of those canceled shows will reappear once Disney brings their own streaming service online.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes apparently Disney is launching its new streaming service this year.

I loved season 1, looking forward to this

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Yup, Disney owns Marvel and they are pulling all content from Netflix and creating their own streaming network.
I did see the other day that Hulu has a new Marvel series.

I look forward to this.

I prefer the Super Hero’s that don’t have special powers.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Netflix is apparently the ones making these decisions. They want to move away from licensed content and produce more in house. I'm guessing having shows from a future competing platform is another nail.

They have done little to no promo for any of the shows since Punisher season 1 which had a pretty big push with that Metallica trailer. Nothing since then has gotten a good trailer, or any promos and they don't even get advertised when you open Netflix.

I believe there is a deal in place that Disney can't reuse these characters off Netflix for a certain period of time, a year or two.

If Disney brings the characters back, it's assumed it will be a full reboot. Damn shame because I don't want to see anyone that isn't Bernthal playing Punisher.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Well, is it just me or does that look like they are setting up for just that. Replacing him with a new actor and calling it a facial reconstruction for the storyline?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
^^^ Well, is it just me or does that look like they are setting up for just that. Replacing him with a new actor and calling it a facial reconstruction for the storyline?

No. Bernthal is still the Punisher.

If you'll recall from the latter part of Season 1, Billy Russo ended up with serious facial injuries, thus setting him up in Season 2 to become Jigsaw, a recurring Daredevil/Punisher villain from the comics.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed binge watching season 1 over the holidays.

Believe RogueJSK nailed it with Russo’s character for season two.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Punisher Season 2 drops on Netflix January 18th.

Netflix announces it is cancelling Punisher on January 19th........;just saying.

Yes I will still binge watch it.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I finally watched season 2 of Iron Fist. Will start Daredevil season 3 soon and then the 2nd season of Punisher.

Daredevil and Punisher are my favorite shows out of these Marvel series, so I'm excited to get started on these 2.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait. While I was not a comic book type The Punisher always had its appeal for me. The 'one bad day away from being me' story has always been one of my favorite plot devices.

Season 1 was great and I’ll be binge watching season 2.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Definitely want to watch this, I liked the first season a lot. Doubt Disney will make this show the same rated R style Netflix did. Probably be lame with Disney.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Heck yeah! Frank gets the girl, over and over, and then onto a lot of violence and body count in the very first episode.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Watched the first three, pretty awesome.
I didn't want to watch so many in a row but couldn't help myself.
I need to stretch it out and pace myself.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched episode 1 last night, pretty damn good. Looks to be a great setup for the season.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Season2 Epp 1 was a nearly perfect stand alone episode.

Probably my favorite of the series so far.

Chill Frank having a beer.
Hero Frank saving the girl who didn’t need saving.
Horny Frank agreeing to the drink.
Vulnerable Frank talking about his past.
Fatherly Frank having pancakes.
Punisher Frank doing what he does.

I may keep this episode bookmarked and watch it again from time-to-time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Season2 Epp 1 was a nearly perfect stand alone episode.

Probably my favorite of the series so far.

Chill Frank having a beer.
Hero Frank saving the girl who didn’t need saving.
Horny Frank agreeing to the drink.
Vulnerable Frank talking about his past.
Fatherly Frank having pancakes.
Punisher Frank doing what he does.

I may keep this episode bookmarked and watch it again from time-to-time.

Great recap.

I like near the end when he is driving away in his van with the girls and she says "are there more of them" and he says "I hope so". Big Grin

Anyone know the time span between last season and this season as far Frank's life? I have seen just episode 1 so far.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Anyone know the time span between last season and this season as far Frank's life? I have seen just episode 1 so far.

About one year.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Looks like his ex best friend just came out of a coma too after the beating Frank gave him at the end of last season.