SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Looking for some upbeat songs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for some upbeat songs Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted

Every couple years I post here asking if yall have any music I might be interested in. I'm flying to Porto, Portugal to walk the Camino de Santiago at the beginning of September and I'm looking for music to help pass the time and keep my mind off the pain in my feet.

Here is a handful I've found so far to give you an idea of what I'm looking for. Looking for stuff from the last maybe 10 years from bands that perhaps haven't made the mainstream.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Well I listened to the songs you posted, and I don’t think we share similar taste in music. Nevertheless, I’ll offer this one song because I think it has a great tempo to walk to. It’s kinda of a throwback, R&B style song.

Have a wonderful trip. Looks like a really cool thing to accomplish.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
That's good; any band with a horn section gets my attention. My taste in music is all over the place.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
In the synth pop realm I highly suggest The 1975, CHVRCHES, The Naked and Famous, M83, Aly & AJ, The Weeknd, MGMT, etc.

Other bands I think you'd like:
The War on Drugs

Strand of Oaks

Phosphorescent

Big Red Machine

Spoon

and Dawes

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Thanks, been a fan of The 1975 for awhile now. I'll check those others out.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Thanks, been a fan of The 1975 for awhile now. I'll check those others out.

Do you listen on spotify? other streaming service?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I use YouTube Music.

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
This is a two chapter song. I encourage you listen to both parts. But if you're gonna bail anyway, jump to 3:10 for a moment first. It works for me.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Upbeat music, little darker subject:

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Masayoshi Takanaka, Rainbow Goblins album. His 'beach fusion' style generally gets plaudits for being happy music. If you like this tjen explorr his content on YT.

https://youtu.be/MzYD56hKF-8

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Can't help you much with the tunes, other than maybe suggesting an audio book or three. I just wanted to express some jealousy on your trip. I've wanted to do that for some time (different route), but I don't know that my ankle would hold up well enough for that long of a walk. I hope you enjoy the experience.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can’t forget this one!

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
@Gustofer

I think you should look into it. See what you're comfortable with walking at home and then you can start with that once you get there. It's not a race. some people take 2 months to walk the Camino Frances where others do it in 30-40 days. There is always the option of sending your bag forward or even if you have to get a ride forward. Its really only the last 100km that you have to walk to get your Compostela. I'm planning on walking 15-20 miles a day, but I am going with my step-dad that recently had a knee and hip replaced. He's been walking at home and I'm hoping he can keep up. If not I'll just have to slow down and we'll walk for 8 or 9 hours each day rather than the 6 or 7 I was planning on. I saw the movie The Way about 10 years ago and have wanted to do this since then. I turned 40 last year and just decided to go for it and wanted to get it done before I'm 41.

@Yellowjacket: CHVRCHES reminds me of Paramore, and I like Paramore. I think its the crisp sounding female voice of the lead singers that I like.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Check out this banger. Could be Trump's new campaign song, lol!