Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIX Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I take back some of my criticism after the last episode. Just hope it doesn't go the route of
"The Unit"

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I take back some of my criticism after the last episode. Just hope it doesn't go the route of
"The Unit"

So what was wrong with the Unit other than too many "ladies/wives" stories?

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Watching it, seems OK - like others have said, similar to the Unit, which I liked until the final season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Exactly, the ladies / wives stories.
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
"The Unit"

So what was wrong with the Unit other than too many "ladies/wives" stories?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I was flipping through the channels Wednesday and heard some guy say MOFO and couldn't believe it was the History Channel. I'll pass. I only caught a few seconds, but they seemed to be over acting.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
It's ok. Not sure if the series is based on real events or drama.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
At least they are making a war series again

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Yep, agree. I can do with less of the wives and more of the unit. Only gripe I had with "The Unit" and "We Were Soldiers".

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
What is everyones opinion did episode two need the handjob in there?

And why does almost every episode need a phukk scene? I'm no prude, but I get it...men/women, husbands/wives have sex. It adds NOTHING to the story line/plot, ESPECIALLY when your 80+ year old mom is also watching. Greeeeeaaaaat... Roll Eyes

As for the show, it's OK. These are supposed to be stories "inspired by actual missions" of the SEALs. I would say there's probably going to be MASSIVE amounts of "artistic latitude" taken by Hollywood to make it entertaining. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'll keep watching. As we all know, hockey preempts EVERYTHING!! Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I had high hopes for SIX. Big letdown for me. Done with it.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Better than most of the crap on tv these days and there is 2ft of snow outside so what else do I have to do.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So far so good for me, like the show, Walter Goggins is good, he nailed boyd crowder in Justified and his bit in SOA was well done.

Like most series it will evolve and improve, I would have like to see them get the girls and him out before the final episode this week, and then spend a couple going after the terrorist group.

The trailer having Rip pushed in the room with Mootalkee is pretty good, who hasn't said "put me in the room with that mofo and I'll rip him a new one" so we get to see if Rip can Rip him a new one..

The home scenes, I'm sure that's the reality of trying to have a family and that kind of a job, tough to do, takes a special woman to put up with it... and you can't have guns as the only thing going off in the show constantly..

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Was surprised with season finale. Hope Rip is in season 2. Overall, I give it a B.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
The end was messed up. What a buzzkill. Michael isn't somehow still pulling the strings is he?

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I actually thought this was the best episode of the series. The battle at the cement plant was well done and thefinal plot twist at the end was unexpected for sure and a great way to set up the next season.

The whole war crime thing was unnecessary and not a great way to start the show, but I can forgive it because the rest of the show wasn't filled with liberal nonsense.

The show did get renewed for another season, so I am hoping there's more action and less homelife, but I'll keep watching.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChicagoSigMan,

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uppster
posted Hide Post
Did the seals take the last brother as a prisoner?
Or was he dying anyway? Who was the assassin girl talking to?

God,Guns,Cars,& 1Wife, I would say I have it all.

Posts: 1448 | Location: Independence MO | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who was the assassin girl talking to?

Michaels network... I suspect they would post it immediately and it would be the reason Rip is found on the Pier and saved for Season 2

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I was entertained.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Well they staged that plot point early. Michael was talking with that girl via video chat in episode 2 or 3, if not in multiple episodes.

Regardless, I'm ambivalent about the ending. Sorta good, sorta meh.

Not really sure how they'd bring Rip back for season 2. Will it be a prequel, perhaps? Or maybe Caulder finds him on the pier? Rip was supposed to come over to his house for some surfing, so maybe he was actually taking him up on the offer before going to Idaho?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's possible Michael survived. He was talking and asked for no mercy. Caulder may wish he had followed Fishbaits suggestion to do what he had ratted out Rip for. He's probably next on the list.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post