SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Currently on Docurama is a biography on Simon Wiesenthal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Currently on Docurama is a biography on Simon Wiesenthal Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
If you can catch it on a re-run (or even now), I highly recommend it. It is beyond powerful.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Attended one of his touring lectures at my Universtity in Brussels back in the 80's. Very,very interesting I remember. He was very old then but still actively hunting nazi war criminals.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12089 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of documentation and research showing many of his stories were fabricated and there is some documented plagiarism on other things he has done.

I believe he really kept the topic alive but there seems to be doubts on his 'real' hunting and more on sensationalism.

I heard that the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angelas (which I have visited at least 4-times, very moving) PAID money to allow them to use his name on the building and he really had nothing to do with the actual Center.

I am not trying to cast negativity on him but just adding info I have read over the years. We read a lot on the Holocaust especially memoirs. This is something that should never be forgotten.

I am currently reading 'Hunting Evil' and there is a whole chapter on Wiesenthal with researched material on his falsehoods.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1367 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post