Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peacemaker Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
I just watched ep 1 last night and oh my. Lots of cursing (thank you), and Peacemaker’s dad goes off on a tangent about, let’s say anti-woke to the fucking max. And there is sex and tattays (that lady is real cut up, nice figure even though bat shit). It’s like R rated superho so I think I’m going to have to see how this plays out and watch the whole thing.

Anyone watched the next episodes? Does the hilarity from Gunn continue? More nudity cursing? (I hope so)

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Yes to all of the above except I doubt you're going to continue to like... uh... one of the characters.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched two episodes and don’t think I’ll watch any more. I don’t mind the language, but I was expecting something more lighthearted and goofy. What I watched was a bit more serious than I expected, mostly the stuff with his father. Aside from him obviously bullying Peacemaker, and him taking it, at the end of the second episode, it’s clear he’s a straight up fascist when in jail a bunch of guys get on their knees, give him the Nazi salute, and call him White Dragon (of something similar). Not exactly comedy gold.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Let us know if John Cena apologizes to the CCP again. Fuck that guy.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Enjoying it immensely. Peacemaker's father is a horrible human being, which explains Peacemaker's many, many character flaws. It's a weird mix of goofy (near slapstick) humor, hyper violence, and some pretty grim tragedy (based on the end of episode 4 his family history gets UGLY). Show isn't for everyone, but it lands pretty squarely in my wheelhouse and Cena clearly enjoys the role. I don't think we'll see him in the Royal Shakespeare company any time soon, but big muscled up psychologically damaged douchebag is perfect casting for him.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
Enjoying it immensely. Peacemaker's father is a horrible human being, which explains Peacemaker's many, many character flaws. It's a weird mix of goofy (near slapstick) humor, hyper violence, and some pretty grim tragedy (based on the end of episode 4 his family history gets UGLY). Show isn't for everyone, but it lands pretty squarely in my wheelhouse and Cena clearly enjoys the role. I don't think we'll see him in the Royal Shakespeare company any time soon, but big muscled up psychologically damaged douchebag is perfect casting for him.

Very well said copaup. I'm enjoying it also.

Posts: 274 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Up and down, hit or miss, but mostly entertaining...sometimes highly entertaining. Worth watching.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Okay, on episode 4; definitely lots of lines to laugh at, even those not politically correct to laugh at.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I found the Suicide Squad films to be mediocre, but I'm enjoying this series so far, though I'm only about 3 episodes in. It's dark and funny, and the constant hair metal just makes me grin. Big Grin

Sort of a more slapstick/campy version of The Boys.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Guessing they only had two people do the cameos since we never saw the other two’s faces?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started great, sort of meandered, then finished strong. I'm IN for a season 2.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just started it on the recommendations here and from my step daughter.
Love it!
Favorite part is the dance at the beginning of every episode!
Cool

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I loved it. I like when DC goes batshit instead of grimdark. The comment above about it being like a comedic version of "The BOYS" is fairly spot on.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I like when DC goes batshit instead of grimdark.

Me too. Provided it's done right.

This was done right.

Doom Patrol, not so much...

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I dug DOOM PATROL as well. I also like the Harley Quinn cartoon.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer grim dark. Watched it all the way through, but more for a lack of options than any particular interest in this sideshow. Was meh...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post