SIGforum
Peacemaker

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/6190008884

January 24, 2022, 01:48 AM
Prefontaine
Peacemaker
I just watched ep 1 last night and oh my. Lots of cursing (thank you), and Peacemaker’s dad goes off on a tangent about, let’s say anti-woke to the fucking max. And there is sex and tattays (that lady is real cut up, nice figure even though bat shit). It’s like R rated superho so I think I’m going to have to see how this plays out and watch the whole thing.

Anyone watched the next episodes? Does the hilarity from Gunn continue? More nudity cursing? (I hope so)

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
January 24, 2022, 02:06 AM
Jester814
Yes to all of the above except I doubt you're going to continue to like... uh... one of the characters.

January 24, 2022, 12:26 PM
Dwill104
Watched two episodes and don’t think I’ll watch any more. I don’t mind the language, but I was expecting something more lighthearted and goofy. What I watched was a bit more serious than I expected, mostly the stuff with his father. Aside from him obviously bullying Peacemaker, and him taking it, at the end of the second episode, it’s clear he’s a straight up fascist when in jail a bunch of guys get on their knees, give him the Nazi salute, and call him White Dragon (of something similar). Not exactly comedy gold.
January 24, 2022, 11:01 PM
Paten
Let us know if John Cena apologizes to the CCP again. Fuck that guy.
January 25, 2022, 02:18 AM
copaup
Enjoying it immensely. Peacemaker's father is a horrible human being, which explains Peacemaker's many, many character flaws. It's a weird mix of goofy (near slapstick) humor, hyper violence, and some pretty grim tragedy (based on the end of episode 4 his family history gets UGLY). Show isn't for everyone, but it lands pretty squarely in my wheelhouse and Cena clearly enjoys the role. I don't think we'll see him in the Royal Shakespeare company any time soon, but big muscled up psychologically damaged douchebag is perfect casting for him.
January 25, 2022, 09:11 AM
radinski
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
Enjoying it immensely. Peacemaker's father is a horrible human being, which explains Peacemaker's many, many character flaws. It's a weird mix of goofy (near slapstick) humor, hyper violence, and some pretty grim tragedy (based on the end of episode 4 his family history gets UGLY). Show isn't for everyone, but it lands pretty squarely in my wheelhouse and Cena clearly enjoys the role. I don't think we'll see him in the Royal Shakespeare company any time soon, but big muscled up psychologically damaged douchebag is perfect casting for him.

Very well said copaup. I'm enjoying it also.
January 30, 2022, 02:59 PM
Batty67
Up and down, hit or miss, but mostly entertaining...sometimes highly entertaining. Worth watching.
February 06, 2022, 08:26 PM
LS1 GTO
Okay, on episode 4; definitely lots of lines to laugh at, even those not politically correct to laugh at.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

February 16, 2022, 02:45 PM
RogueJSK
I found the Suicide Squad films to be mediocre, but I'm enjoying this series so far, though I'm only about 3 episodes in. It's dark and funny, and the constant hair metal just makes me grin. Big Grin

Sort of a more slapstick/campy version of The Boys.
February 17, 2022, 04:16 AM
Chowser
Guessing they only had two people do the cameos since we never saw the other two’s faces?

Not minority enough!
February 19, 2022, 03:11 PM
Batty67
Started great, sort of meandered, then finished strong. I'm IN for a season 2.
February 21, 2022, 06:07 PM
DLC762
Just started it on the recommendations here and from my step daughter.
Love it!
Favorite part is the dance at the beginning of every episode!
Cool

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
February 23, 2022, 09:54 AM
cslinger
I loved it. I like when DC goes batshit instead of grimdark. The comment above about it being like a comedic version of "The BOYS" is fairly spot on.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
February 23, 2022, 10:04 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I like when DC goes batshit instead of grimdark.

Me too. Provided it's done right.

This was done right.

Doom Patrol, not so much...
February 23, 2022, 10:09 AM
cslinger
I dug DOOM PATROL as well. I also like the Harley Quinn cartoon.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
February 28, 2022, 03:54 AM
wolfe 21
I prefer grim dark. Watched it all the way through, but more for a lack of options than any particular interest in this sideshow. Was meh...

A Perpetual Disappointment...