Find
Notify
Tools

Shape of water Login/Join 
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted
Just watched it, the credits are rolling now. I’m not sure how to swallow this barf in my mouth. Dug the masturbation scenes though. Definitely falls into the category of what us 90s kids called a butter face. My wife said It won all kinds of awards. Wtf I guess the awards were participation awards or the like.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2246 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I have yet to figure out why that movie got Oscar's recognition but yet, Oscar did not recognize Looney Tunes.

Strange Days indeed Mr. Morrison.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I have not seen it, but I have not read a positive review by a regular person.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Probably its directly related to why a Korean language movie about class warfare and social justice won best picture ahead of Sam Mendes haunting and beautiful and exceptionally acted and executed WWI story "1917"

quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I have yet to figure out why that movie got Oscar's recognition but yet, Oscar did not recognize Looney Tunes.

Strange Days indeed Mr. Morrison.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah tried it and kind of just ended with a "huh, ok". I kept expecting it to go in a different direction. His weakest movie that I've seen and I like a lot of Del Toros stuff. Wonder if it was a catch up award when it won.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I’ve never spent much time with Asians ( I ‘ve been told Oriental is forboden),

I never attached any meanness to the term, just that I learned the word (without any inkling of bigotry or racism). I’m old 73.

This roughing up Asians bugs me a lot. Asian folks I’ve met have been the nicest folks, smart, courteous makes it easy to be around.

Made me sick to see the man who was slashed ear to ear & the old mommasan thrown down hitting her head on the curb. Really pissed me off. I could dispose of these thugs without a care and the go to communion never asking forgiveness. I’m not a tough guy, just don’t like decent people bullied and hurt.

I apologize for drifting, just saw this BS on the news.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
I’ve never spent much time with Asians ( I‘ve been told Oriental is forboden)

By stupid people mostly. If you were in several other parts of the world and said "Asians", they would assume you meant people from India and there 'bouts. If you said oriental, they'd know who you meant.

</drift>

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I appreciate not being crazy with this new woke thinking. I’m staying just like I was raised.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was an odd one for Guillermo Del Toro..I didn't have much a post-show reaction other than, 'that was an odd one'. Solid cast, Shannon plays a good heavy.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Shannon plays a good heavy.

Shannon plays Shannon. He's got one character, which he trots out for just about every show or movie in which he's cast.

But with all the practice he gets, he's at least good at playing that one character. Big Grin

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
The movie didn’t do much for me. I’d much rather an older Clint western than watching ‘The Shape of Water’.

Me thinks it was some politically correct award reasoning.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Not unwatchable but not great either. del Toro's other works like Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone were great cinema.

Even Hellboy was worth a viewing.

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
But with all the practice he gets, he's at least good at playing that one character. Big Grin

LOL! Indeed. The vast majority of Shannon's roles are variations of the same, if he plays his cards right, he can be the second coming of Christopher Walken; an actor full of idiosyncrasies and affectations, which end up defining his career.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I liked it okay. Sally Hawkins is one of those women who can look "different" depending on....well, anything. LOL I thought she was cute in that Godzilla movie.

This is Abe Sapien's origin story. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was just alright, to me.

A decent episode in The Shannon Chronicles.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post