New
Find
Notify
Tools

Field of Dreams Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
There wasn’t a college football game that I really wanted to watch this afternoon. I got to looking around and found Field of Dreams on a channel I didn’t know I had, POP. Is it a great movie? Probably not, but I found myself laughing out loud and wiping a tear. You can’t ask for more than that.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big fan of team sports, but do enjoy th occasional baseball game. I thought the movie was very good. It was well acted, the plot was interesting, and ended well. That's enough for me. (No muzzle flashes, though . . . .)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
It was a pretty good movie.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent film with some very fine performances from several of the cast.
Interesting to think it lead to a MLB game this past August in a field set up adjacent to where the film was made. (Quite a presentation with the players walking out of the cornfield at the beginning, the old fashioned score board and an exciting game, too, if one was a White Sox fan!)

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Have never been a Costner fan but thought the movie was well done

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
If not a great movie, certainly at the top of the very good list. I give them a lot of credit for making a Hollywood movie that was genuinely different. It was drama, comedy, science fiction, fantasy, history, all of the above. The performances were solid, a star cast, very unique plot story.

Someone asked me what it was about, and I didn't know how to answer. You have to just watch the movie.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Well said.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed that movie. Now I'll have to watch it again.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Love it. I'm a huge baseball fan though so I watch all my favorite baseball movies at least once a year.

Watched FoD after the cornfield game earlier this summer.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Didn’t see it at the theater. I played baseball until I finished high school and was always a fan of the game. However most baseball movies I saw didn’t get it right so I didn’t watch it. Then a year or two later I rented it and watched it by chance on Fathers Day with my dad. It was a good movie and a bit more meaningful seeing it with my dad on Fathers Day. I won’t forget that.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
The book was great as was Kinsella’s The Iowa Baseball Confederacy. I thought the movie was well done. It came up shortly after my father passed unexpectedly. What I wouldn’t give to be able to have another catch with him.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
The Moonlight Graham arc was the best part.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Great film. It’s been too many years since I’ve watched it. Not a huge Kevin Costner fan, but this film is bigger than him. Really enjoyed Ray Liotta in it.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Really enjoyed Ray Liotta in it.

Should've gotten a Southern, left-handed hitter to play Shoeless Joe.

But Liotta is just such a striking guy. He plays the part well and I'm sure it's a good thing that he didn't attempt a southern accent. (Joe Jackson was from upstate South Carolina.)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Found out an interesting piece of trivia yesterday. Liotta has never seen the film. He attended the screening with his mother, who was ill. They had to leave before any of it rolled. She died shortly afterward and the film just reminds him of his mother’s death, so he’s never watched it.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
They turned shoeless Joe's house into a museum of sorts and it is just up the road from me... but they have moved it to build another high rise condo/apartment complex here. Seems he only played shoeless once...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post