SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fear The Walking Dead Seasons 6 & 7
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fear The Walking Dead Seasons 6 & 7 Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I didn't read anything past the first post. I'm only on season 3, episode 10 and don't want to spoil it. But I wanted to give a nod to AMC as they just had me laughing out loud, with Madison and Qaletqa walking into El Bazar with "Negro y Azul" (the Heisenberg song) playing in the background. I enjoyed that. Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Something (really) different once again from this week's installment In Dreams. Generally, extended dream sequences don't lend themselves to the gritty realism that drives zombie programs, but this one breaks that mold in a big way. Probably the most gut-wrenching episode I've seen in either series (TWD, FTWD).

It's an episode you'll either love or hate (I am the former). Either way, guts will be wrenched by the final plot twist.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
6.13 J.D. The return of John Dorie! Sort of....

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
6.14 Mother So the keys will launch a nuke from a beached sub (Edit: this will be the USS Pennsylvania). Thus wiping out all topside humanity, good or bad, leaving Teddy's kool-aid drinking cult to be the sole survivors underground. Thought it might be something like that.

We also find out Madison gave her life for survivors who would eventually become baddies just like her group was fighting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Madison dying made me happy so there's that. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
You didn't like Maddie?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^

No, she came across as constipated. I'm pretty sure I had bad things to say about her back when she was central to the show.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
OK, she was pretty hard-core when it came to protecting her fam. She also had a distinctly cold side as well that occasionally surfaced.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
6.15 USS Pennsylvania

Wow, this one has so many plotholes, no wonder the submarine is beached. My biggest one is the reveal that Teddy always planned for himself and his followers to die in the nuclear holocaust. Well, then, why did he spend so much time and effort building up a self-sustaining underground facility? Hopefully this is just a mystery and not just sloppy writing.

Anyway, Morgan and Strand arrive not in the nick of time, keys are turned, and ballistic missile is launched. Just one of them, but one that carries 10 nuclear warheads, so still a lot of destruction. For what though?

And why wasn't the sub more heavily guarded? Presumably Teddy and Riley went in through a different hatch and didn't have to contend with the zombied crew, but only guarded by a young girl (Dakota) with a two-tone 229?

[btw, looks like this episode will serve to launch yet another spinoff show (digital) about the USS Penn and its crew. Which we really, really need, another spin-off.]

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Just started watching on Netflix and never thought I would watch a “Zombie” movie, much less a Zombie series. But it’s got me hooked. So after two weeks of late night viewing I am on the end of season 5. So yes I am hooked till the bitter end.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Shades of Glenn under the dumpster, how did Morgan survive THAT onslaught?!

Next week, season finale. The world ends? Maybe those TWD folks with the helicopters who took Rick and later effed with Eugene and his posse will come to some sort of rescue. Or maybe all those creating these shows are just playing out the string, so very much stupid.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My thoughts on this whole franchise and how they keep jerking you viewers around:

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
6.16 The Beginning (season finale)

A series of vignettes showing how each of the characters face the nuclear finale. Several deaths of course, but many (surprising) survivors. Dakota (the little beyotch she is) ends up a crispy critter, not following the Dories into Teddy's secret bunker. She did have a final word with Teddy, however. Daniel's group make it to the choppa. Dwight and Sherry make it to the storm shelter. Strand is still Strand. Morgan and Grace end up blessed with a most bizarre adoption. They didn't show what happened to Alicia, but I have to assume she survived where she was.

Season 7 of FTWD has already been announced (October 17). And for the two other people on the forum still watching, season 11 (the final season) of TWD will commence August 22.

07.24.21 Fear the Walking Dead Season 7 First-Look: Morgan & Grace:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Madison dying made me happy so there's that. Smile

She's baaaaaaaaaaack!! (FTWD Season 7, Episode 16) And meaner than ever.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."