SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Halo - TV Series - March 2022 - Trailer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halo - TV Series - March 2022 - Trailer Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KZ3MKraNKY&t=123s

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post

Ah you beat me to fixing your link Razz

I'm looking forward to it. Some of the live action Halo commercials were phenomenal and I'm really hoping this captures that same feeling.

It looks good, but actually watching it will tell if it is or not.

I REALLY like that they waited until one month before the premier to announce it so we didn't have to wait.

In other news, I was thinking the other day about how I haven't seen Bokeem Woodbine in anything in a while and here he was Razz

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Some of the live-action shots look really lame. The shots with live-action and CGI look even worse. Cortana is most likely a real actor but graphically modified to look CGI--and looks horrible.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'll give it a shot. I liked some of the YouTube Halo movies.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17275 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Eh, not worth a subscription to another streaming service

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Eh, not worth a subscription to another streaming service

Agree. The CGI looks awful and they crapped it up with ripped off Bourne Identity brain-washed super-soldier cliches.

For all that, I'd give it a watch if it was on one of my current streaming services or over the air. No way am I signing up for another service.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Isn't this 10-15 years too late?

It's called striking when we've tried to re-heat the iron several times. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Why would it be too late? Halo: Infinite, the latest game in the Halo franchise, was just released a couple months ago.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
**SPOILERS AHEAD**

Just watched the first episode. I'm not sure where this series will fall in the Halo timeline, but it is centered around Spartan 117, the Master Chief. There seem to be some chronological anachronisms--he's wearing Mjolnir 6 armor but doesn't have Cortana, as she is still in development. The war with the Covenant has been going on for a few years according to dialog, there are still Outer Colonies which have never heard of them.

This series seems to center on Master Chief going AWOL with an Insurrectionist teenager in persuit of possible Forerunner technology. Should be interesting to see how they retcon this insubordination on the Master Chief's part.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Orguss,

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
This series is not part of the game’s timeline.

It’s telling it’s own story.

I think most of the novels take place in the game continuity.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8017 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Last thing I can recall seeing him in was the Mark Wahlberg "Spenser" movie on Netflix...but prior to that, long dry spell I think.

quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:

Ah you beat me to fixing your link Razz

I'm looking forward to it. Some of the live action Halo commercials were phenomenal and I'm really hoping this captures that same feeling.

It looks good, but actually watching it will tell if it is or not.

I REALLY like that they waited until one month before the premier to announce it so we didn't have to wait.

In other news, I was thinking the other day about how I haven't seen Bokeem Woodbine in anything in a while and here he was Razz

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cgi is just plain hot trash. Cut scenes from halo 2 look better. They also decided to make captain Keyes a black dude, who apparently knocked up the Dr. That created the Spartans. Which didn’t happen in the games. If they can step it up in the cgi department it will prolly be a decent show but yeah it’s way too late. They shoulda made movies years ago

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Not too bad so far. I’ll keep watching.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17275 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Looks like something you watch on a computer screen, not a 55+" TV

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Looks like something you watch on a computer screen, not a 55+" TV

Guess it's a good thing I'm watching on my computer. Frown

I do appreciate that they hired tall actors for the Spartans. The two women are 6'1" and 6'3". The guy playing the Master Chief is 6'5".

I forgot to add that all the Elites look like Brutes. They're so thick.

posted Hide Post
Watched it yesterday. The battle at the beginning was quite a bit more violent that I expected. Nice to see that 500 years in the future, they’re still using AKs and driving pickup trucks. Agree that the CGI was a little dodgy in a few places. There’s a fair amount of fan service, but I think those not familiar with the games might be a little lost since you’re pretty much just dropped in without much explanation of who’s who and what the overall situation of the universe is. They seem to go out of their way to make UNSC the evil empire, and not sure about the woman hanging out with the Prophets on High Charity. Maybe she’s supposed to be a traitor like Baltar on BSG? Thought the ending of the episode was a bit deus ex machina. Completely surrounded with no way out? Touch this alien thing that you know nothing about, and it’ll wipe out all power to UNSC HQ.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, we're five episodes in and the Halsey character is certainly living up to her in-game reputation. The show isn't actually too bad, if you take it as a stand-alone story since they didn't want to base any of it on the game. My one issue with the show is the insurrectionist teenager. She's got an awful lot of attitude for someone who has no idea what to do next. Hmm, maybe that's just her being a teenager?

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Wife and I are 4 episodes in. So far we enjoy it.

Side note. I can't believe I'm getting my wife to watch a move about a video game I spent hours playing. AND... She likes it. LOL

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/GBEgoaLZzXM?si=qkyd7iDeIY59v_AX

First two episodes are available.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
One of those shows I find myself fast forwarding a lot. Anything with Quan or whatever the name is. Out of the two episodes I maybe watched 20 minutes and I don't feel like I missed anything.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3598 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post