SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What is a movie you actually liked but are kind of embarrassed to admit??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a movie you actually liked but are kind of embarrassed to admit?? Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Not embarrassed about any film I like.
Yeah me neither.

Posts: 7258 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Pee Wee's Big Adventure for one.
Saw this at the theater and was laughing out loud throughout the film.

Hopefully you weren't sitting in front of PeeWee.

Posts: 20107 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

P.C.U.

P.C.U. is hilarious. It was ahead of times, with all the PC crap nowadays. I love seeing a large, dread-locked Jon Favreau and George Clinton.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Officer and a Gentleman

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I can’t think of the name of it, but the storyline is that this young guy is a hockey player and he can’t play hockey any more. With great reluctance he agrees to do a tryout with a young woman who apparently goes through pairs figure skating partners like popcorn. As I type this I realize that the plot line is predictable, but I kinda like movies like this. There you go

The Cutting Edge

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Heath Ledger's A Knight's Tale.

This and their next movie together The Order

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Mary Poppins. Oh wait I am not embarrassed to admit it. Fantastic movie that I have watched with my daughter over the years from when she was maybe 4 years old. We can't wait to see Mary Poppins returns.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Postman. It gets pretty weak at the end but I like the origins of the reluctant leader that he has in some of the movie

Crap comments can ensue now

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, forgot Waterworld. Yeah, I like it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Heath Ledger's A Knight's Tale.

Yeah, same here. I wanted to hate it just on principle, but I was talked into watching it and laughed my ass off pretty much the whole time. Ledger was really good in that role, and Paul Bettany and Alan Tudyk helped knock it out of the park.

Golden Years used to get randomly played at work and my cubicle mate and I used to jokingly dance and clap here and there. I don't think anyone else in the shop had seen the movie, so we got funny looks. Big Grin

Posts: 17134 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone mentioned this bomb from 1980, "Xanadu" already. I remember going to the mall, walked into the box office, got my ticket and popcorn/Coke (only about $3 then), sat down, show started...when the lights came back up, I'd had the whole theater to myself.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Pearl Harbor...

Hahaha, no freakin' way. I'm just kidding. No one could possibly like this movie.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lucky Them, 2013, starring Toni Collette. This film is so far down on the food chain it went straight to video-on-demand. It is about a 40-something rock journalist who is assigned by a failing music magazine to find her ex-boyfriend rock star, from the Grunge Era in Seattle, who faked his death.

The film was made in Seattle but avoids the cliches of establishing shots of the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, and the ferry in harbor against the Seattle skyline. Instead, it was shot on the side streets and in the bars where Grunge began in the late '80s before it was co-opted by Big Entertainment.

Collette is good as a weak person with a strong will to cling to the past. She is trying to hang on the '90s glory long past its expiration date. She is not a likable person, but her loyalty, to her time and her lost partner, is not without merit.

It is worth a look if you are home sick from work, as I was, and want to watch a depressing character study.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most movies, I wouldn't be embarrassed about liking.

"Best of the Best" is what immediately came to mind. I love this really stupid, cheesy movie.

"The Cutting Edge" is another one I liked that could cause some embarrassment.

I'm not embarrassed to admit I liked "The Blood of Heroes"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094764/?ref_=ttcz_cz_tt

"People no longer remembered the Golden Age of the 20th Century. They didn't remember the miraculous technology or the cruel wars that followed. They didn't remember when juggers first played The Game or how it came to be played with a dog skull..." Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I'm not embarrassed to admit I liked "The Blood of Heroes"

Wow! Major blast from the past. I loved this movie when I was in college, but had completely forgotten about it. Now I have to go see if it's available on DVD.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
The Fred and Ginger movies. I hate musicals but love their early movies. With Edward Everet Horton and Eric Blore. Victor Moore.
But I’m a big Ginger fan. She was hot. Liked her in Tight Spot, and Batchelor Mother. Never liked Gene Kelley, just Fred and Ginger.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Windex.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
You guys are amateurs.

Disney's Beauty and the Beast - 1991 animated

That is a good movie - what is to be embarrassed about?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
The Notebook.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hume:
Lucky Them, 2013, starring Toni Collette.
An Aussie, she's known for her performance in M. Knight's The Sixth Sense. I also liked her in Muriel's Wedding (1994):

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post