SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your favorite Bill Paxton (RIP) roles, film or television?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite Bill Paxton (RIP) roles, film or television? Login/Join 
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Is Hap and Leonard good? I'm not familiar with the books. Does Omar do a good job in the show?

I love Hap & Leonard, both the books and show. It's got that great southern gothic pulp noir feel, with both leads wisecracking their way through it. I could totally picture Bill Paxton as Hap. As it is, both lead actors do well, and I HATED James Purefoy as the cult leader from that Kevin Bacon The Following show too.

The show runners were also responsible for the movie adaptation of Joe R. Lansdale's Cold in July starring Michael C. Hall, Sam Shepard, and Don Johnson. I really dug that one too.

Posts: 5586 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've been mentioned, but "A Simple Plan" and "One False Move" have never gotten the attention they deserve.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Is Hap and Leonard good? I'm not familiar with the books. Does Omar do a good job in the show?

I love Hap & Leonard, both the books and show. It's got that great southern gothic pulp noir feel, with both leads wisecracking their way through it. I could totally picture Bill Paxton as Hap. As it is, both lead actors do well, and I HATED James Purefoy as the cult leader from that Kevin Bacon The Following show too.

The show runners were also responsible for the movie adaptation of Joe R. Lansdale's Cold in July starring Michael C. Hall, Sam Shepard, and Don Johnson. I really dug that one too.

Thanks.

I'll quit messing around and check it out.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Randall McCoy in the movie Hatfields & McCoys

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
for some reason, when I was younger - maybe someone in my family or a friend mentioned how they thought Bill Paxton sucked, and it stuck. But my son loved disaster movies a year or two back and we watched Twister again, and I couldn't really see why I always thought Bill Paxton sucked. This thread just solidified that I have no clue where the notion came from, and I'm not really sure I've watched any of his movies recently. Looking over IMDB, I watched Apollo 13 forever ago. Tombstone I think I remember him in, vaguely, and I don't remember him in much of anything else.

I'll have to re-watch a few of his movies. There's some good ones I've seen and a lot that I've never seen being mentioned here.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I loved him in Apollo 13

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Lords of Discipline.

Again RIP Mr. Paxton you are still missed.

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I still loved his Hudson character in Aliens. And I remember him from the climbing movie Vertical Limit, one of the few bright spots in that one.

One anecdote- he was buddies with Mike Muir from the band Suicidal Tendencies, both working together delivering the LA Times in the late 70s. Muir was 16 and Paxton was in his 20s, both struggling to break into the music and movie businesses. They remained friends until his death.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I liked him, he was one of my favorites from way back. Can't pick a top one but here are a few, and sure I forgot a a lot of good ones,
Aliens
The Terminator
Near Dark
Trespass
Tombstone
True Lies
Twister
Vertical Limit
Edge of Tomorrow

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post