SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your favorite Bill Paxton (RIP) roles, film or television?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite Bill Paxton (RIP) roles, film or television? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
I was just looking at his filmography, and there are many to choose from.

Chet from Weird Science, the bit part as the anonymous Punk in The Terminator, and you know many of the rest (Tombstone, even Twister, Aliens of course, Big Love, Frailty, True Lies, Apollo 13, A Simple Plan, Edge of Tomorrow, and more...).

Any dude who can not take himself too seriously is actually cool, to me. Like his role in True Lies, funny.

Or Weird Science...

I thought he delivered in Edge of Tomorrow, too. And I enjoyed Big Love (HBO series).

I must have ten favorites, myself.

You?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
One of the few actors whose untimely passing bummed me out. I liked him in everything you mentioned. Twister being a favorite because Bill Paxton finally got a leading role and the movie was released right around the time and I finished USAF 1W031 weather apprentice school.

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Some under the radar ones I enjoyed: The Dark Backward, One False Move, a bit part in The Last Supper, and especially, Near Dark! "Finger-Lickin' good!"

Any of you guys out there fans of Joe R. Lansdale? He does the Hap & Leonard books — some were adapted for the Sundance TV show now on Netflix. He's really good at answering fan questions online. I asked Joe if he thought the actors on the show were cast well, as I always pictured Leonard as a bigger guy in my head, like Forest Whitaker. He told me if he had to cast the characters, a younger Laurence Fishburne would be his Leonard, and Hap would be his dear departed old pal Bill Paxton. I thought that was interesting.

Posts: 5586 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Simple Plan. Great movie!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
A Todd up between Aliens and Edge of Tomorrow. I’d have to take Aliens only because “GAME OVER, MAN!”

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
He was perfect as the sleaze ball car salesman “Simon” in True Lies.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you gotta figure his role in Aliens was ICONIC

was in the Army in the late 80s - 90s and I cant tell you how many times we quoted his various lines:

Game over Man!

How do I get out of this Chicken Shit outfit??

Why don't you put HER in charge?

We're on an express elevator to hell -- going down !

Hey man -- its a DRY heat !

---------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
He was funny as the used car salesman in True Lies. When he said, “I got a little dick, it’s pathetic” everyone in the theatre laughed.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
He was perfect as the sleaze ball car salesman “Simon” in True Lies.

Yep. This is exactly What I think of.

He was Patrick Swayze’s younger brother in “Next of Kin” and Dane the sniper in “Navy SEALS”. Not comedy roles but still roles I think of him in.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Terminator.

But seriously, Not a huge fan of him, but he did do a good job in Aliens and True Lies. He was also pretty good in Apollo 13.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Big fan of Bill Paxton, this about covers his greats.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is amazing at how many movies/roles he has been in.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked his performance in U-571.

Posts: 215 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PghPI:
I liked his performance in U-571.

another under-rated movie IMO

great scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VKQkg9cpio

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Big Love was a great show also but be always be Hicks. Hudson, sir. He's Hicks.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Some under the radar ones I enjoyed: The Dark Backward, One False Move, a bit part in The Last Supper, and especially, Near Dark! "Finger-Lickin' good!"

Any of you guys out there fans of Joe R. Lansdale? He does the Hap & Leonard books — some were adapted for the Sundance TV show now on Netflix. He's really good at answering fan questions online. I asked Joe if he thought the actors on the show were cast well, as I always pictured Leonard as a bigger guy in my head, like Forest Whitaker. He told me if he had to cast the characters, a younger Laurence Fishburne would be his Leonard, and Hap would be his dear departed old pal Bill Paxton. I thought that was interesting.

Last Supper is a sleeper. I dig it.

Is Hap and Leonard good? I'm not familiar with the books. Does Omar do a good job in the show?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Thought he was great as Ran'l McCoy opoosite Costner's Devil Anse Hatfield.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10488 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
As Chet in Weird Science - I loved this movie - saw it a couple of times in the theater when it first came out.

But yes, many more too - Aliens, Edge of Tomorrow, Twister...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
His last tv series was "Training Day" which was starting to get interesting.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the guy's performances, starting with his really early music videos as a member of "Martini Ranch".

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post