SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Glass Onion followup to Knives Out
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glass Onion followup to Knives Out Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted
I don't have Netflix, but has anyone seen Glass Onion?
Does it do well compared to Knives Out?

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
From IMDB:

Release date
December 23, 2022 (United States)

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
AH! I didn't see that in the one commercial I saw.
I hope it has the same feel as the first one.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Finally got to see this yesterday after everyone cleared out and we were recovering.

If you liked Knives Out you will like this. Benoit Blanc is the only repeat performer, but the feel of it is both similar to and different from the original, just enough in our opinion.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Never watched Knives Out.
Do you need to watch it first?
A relationship to the second?

Posts: 22900 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched it yesterday on Netflix. I thought it was decent. It was good for the most part, but I thought the ending was a bit over the top, and that sort of put it a bit off for me. To answer a question, you don’t have to know anything about the previous movie. It’s a complete stand alone mystery, with only the Daniel Craig’s detective character being the common element. In fact, the director has said that he wished the title was just Glass Onion, with no additional reference to it being a Knives Out mystery, but the studio had other ideas.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Watched it. Pretty good. Need to watch it again to catch the clues that build to the big reveal.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was pretty good. No need to see the previous movie.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty good but ending (way) over the top. Still, moderately entertaining.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I really liked it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12324 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting trivia from IMDB:

Rian Johnson has stated that he briefly considered a running joke of having Daniel Craig play Benoit Blanc with a different accent each film without any explanation at all, but decided against it.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We didn’t think it was nearly as good as the first. Was the painting of the character played by Edward Norton shown in the background a nod to “Fight Club”?

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Good news - if you like the island home in this movie, it is apparently for sale as well:

Inbreathiate This! Miles Bron’s Greek Island Compound From ‘Glass Onion’ Just Listed for $450 Million!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Good news - if you like the island home in this movie, it is apparently for sale as well:

Inbreathiate This! Miles Bron’s Greek Island Compound From ‘Glass Onion’ Just Listed for $450 Million!

Of course, it’s a joke since it doesn’t really exist.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was not a bad movie for what it was. Craig did a good job with it.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's entertaining, I enjoyed Craig's Blanc character in this movie over the second movie. It's largely predictable, not super complex, which was just fine for a post-Christmas dinner movie.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Wife and I watched it the other night... I guess it was okay... I had a problem with Daniel Craigs fake accent.... and yes the ending was kind of over done and to a degree lame....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I had a problem with Daniel Craigs fake accent.... and yes the ending was kind of over done and to a degree lame....

It's supposed to be exaggerated and obnoxious, fits in with the other characters who are equally nauseating and distasteful.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
It was alright.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We watched it, pretty good, I liked the first a little better. The ending as developed and written was a little less tidy than desirable.

Janelle Monáe‘S character especially in Southern mode was particularly good. The other casting worked. The cameos were fun.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post