SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Northern Exposure on Amazon Prime
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northern Exposure on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
posted
Just a heads up that seasons 1-6 of Northern Exposure are available for purchase on Amazon Prime. Each season runs the usual $19.99

Edited - I just purchased season 1 and the price has been reduced to $7.99

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig Marine,

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 823 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites. I just really don't want to pay that much money per season. My loss I guess.

I was wondering when it would come back around.

ETA: I see DVD sets available on Amazon for $48. I'm not sure if there's a difference.

Posts: 7500 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
My understanding is you get the original music in it unlike what you get on the DVDs.

Posts: 6754 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
My understanding is you get the original music in it unlike what you get on the DVDs.

Thanks Ogie, I thought there was something I wasn't remembering and that sounds correct to my past searches in years past.

Posts: 7500 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I wish I could have the originals in hand rather than rely on Amazon.
But I find this from the DVD review to sum it up.

"More so than anything else I can think of, the music on Northern Exposure is integral to the series. When it's used well - which is almost always - it is a profound voice in the series, and almost always a "character" of it's own. Most of the time the music tells a significant part of the story besides setting a mood for the scene. There are a lot of levels to Northern Exposure. Things like Shelly's earrings and their metaphoric relationship to the storyline contribute to the feel of each episode. Worse, without the original music, we aren't seeing the shows we remember.

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:

Slight thread drift, but the same thing happened when the Keen Eddie DVDs came out. Too cheap to buy the original licensed music which - just like Northern Exposure - was integral to the storyline. Glad someone posted that in a review before I committed to buy.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3645 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I might be up for this. I miss the trebuchet...and Maggie.

Posts: 20665 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
It's weird because you can buy the DVDs on Amazon that they sell in the UK, etc. that have the original music on them......You just can't play them with the DVD player that is made in the USA.(Region 1)

You can buy a region free DVD player on Amazon and the Northern Exposure DVD set for a region 2 DVD player and you would be good to go. If you wanted to mess with it.

Posts: 6754 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post