SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    How about some Dwight Yoakam
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about some Dwight Yoakam Login/Join 
Picture of NewRiverGeorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NewRiverGeorge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md09xy8ffX8

Dwight does Sloop John B

Posts: 23 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two of the 'bestest' things Spotify did this year was bring back two albums that went MIA (for whatever undisclosed reasons that probably involved $$$): The Smithereens' "Especially For You" and Yoakam's "Guitars, Cadillac, Etc., Etc." Two different genres, but both were a big part of my music listening routine in their day...when I wasn't busy headbanging, that is. Big Grin

The duet with Maria McKee, 'Bury Me', was THE track for me on that album. Good thing it was bought in CD form; it would've been wore out as vinyl considering how often I listened to that set.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Underrated artist

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Funny moment (at least to me): I usually grab some earbuds and listen to some music while mowing. One particular afternoon a few summers ago I was riding along the front edge of the yard and a couple of the neighbor ladies were walking up the street toward me. Each had a funny look on her face. It took me a second to realize, I was singing along (very poorly, I'm quite sure) with "Thousand Miles from Nowhere." Big Grin

- - -

Funny moment (at least to me), Part Deux: After an afternoon spent in the garage a summer or two ago, The Lovely Girlfriend called. I answered with, "Yoakam residence! Guitars and Cadillacs!" She let out a great laugh and asked, "Have you hit your head??"

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the closest he's getting to us this summer is a nearly 12 hour round trip and a $200 Super 8 night Eek . The ticket $ isn't bad though.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw him in Tucson on the 4th of July a few years ago. Hotter than the hubs of hell and Dwight comes out in a Hank Williams looking suit. It looked like wool.
Then he proceeded to bang out one after another of his tunes, never BSing in between. Never a watered down version, he hit all those crazy notes and did his signature dance as he was singing.
Absolutely the best performance I have ever seen. I am still amazed, and it was well over 100 degrees and outside. Wow

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post