Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2021 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s not good about #93. I know he had a vision issue in the past. I hope he is alright.

Next season is going to be interesting. Will a grid nearly 1/3 full of Ducati motorcycles result in a championship for the Italian manufacturer? They have the talent. With enough dogs in the fight I’d say their chances could be very good.

I expect Fabio & Yamaha will defend their title MUCH harder than Suzuki’s lack luster title defense. They progressed and Mir did well with what he had but too little too late is a good way to describe Suzuki’s championship efforts in the 2021 season. I don’t see Yamaha making the same mistake.

Aprilia will be fun to watch. As Maverick gets more comfortable on the new V4 machine I expect he will be quite fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Quartararo, Bagnaia/Miller/Martin & Mir is what I expect the initial fight to be between, if Suzuki can keep the development up.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Bags and Martin have figured out how to turn the Duc. Miller will make a go of it for sure but he needs to finish races to be big dog. He's a bit harder on his front than Bagnaia and Martin which is why he washes it out pushing later in the race. He had 4 DNF's this season....he can't afford to do that next year.

Yamaha is going to have to do a lot of development to keep their hopes alive for '22. Ducati has figured out some of its corner speed problems so Yamaha doesn't have the advantage there anymore. Doesn't help one bit when you're getting your ass kicked in a drag race down long straights either. Every single bike on circuit is faster than the Yamaha and that has to change.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Quartararo, Bagnaia/Miller/Martin & Mir is what I expect the initial fight to be between, if Suzuki can keep the development up.

Marquez #93 will be back with a vengeance especially if he can get close to being fully recovered.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
quote:

Marquez #93 will be back with a vengeance especially if he can get close to being fully recovered.

Between his recovery issues this season & the concussion/diplopia now, hope he takes the time to recover in the off-season.

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Leaving Marquez totally out of the picture is wishful thinking. I do understand the reasoning however. Wink

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Between his recovery issues this season & the concussion/diplopia now, hope he takes the time to recover in the off-season.

Honda needs to confiscate all of his dirt bikes. Big Grin

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The aerospace company HRC attempted to put one of its pilots into orbit today. Holy smokes that was a nasty crash for Pol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The aerospace company HRC attempted to put one of its pilots into orbit today. Holy smokes that was a nasty crash for Pol.

I just watched it on Youtube.
Those guys are fearless.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That last race of the season was very bittersweet. Suzuki ended the season much like they started it...chasing after a Ducati rider passing them only to watch the Ducati fly by again on the long straight. Ugh. If Suzuki cannot bring a vastly improved bike next year they risk losing Mir to a more competitive manufacturer.

I don’t think this is the absolute last time we see Vale on a MotoGP bike. Look at the points from this season and you’ll see Dani Pedrosa’s name up there. I think Rossi will eventually ride another MotoGP race but not a full season sadly.

The sport of MotoGP is losing its brightest star and one of the best ambassadors of the beautiful sport ever to exist will be absent on the grid. I know Rossi will still be heavily involved but it won’t be the same. I wonder if there will ever be another rider like Rossi? My gut tells me the answer to that question is no.

I know it’s early as hell and maybe a bit ridiculous to say this but barring any major improvement from Yamaha or Suzuki I think if the bikes stay about the same next year is probably going to see a Ducati rider win the championship. They sure as hell have enough dogs in the fight.

With 8 bikes on the grid and TONS of talent I don’t think Fabio will be able to successfully defend his title. I do think however that he will fare far better than Mir did with his title defense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
My heart is broken to think Ducati would win a championship in 2022.

LOL

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finally watched the race last night.
Both Suzukis were doing well for most of the race, Mir was really putting it to the Ducatis, guessing he burned his tires out & dropped back.

Crazy that there's never been a Duc podium lockout before.

posted Hide Post
Rossi will be trying out the current Desmosedici....

https://www.crash.net/motogp/n...y-ducati-motogp-bike

Would love to hear his thoughts after the test ride.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rossi will be trying out the current Desmosedici....

https://www.crash.net/motogp/n...y-ducati-motogp-bike

Would love to hear his thoughts after the test ride.

Rossi wildcard entry on the Duc next year?

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Both Mir and Fabio have expressed concern over the Ducatis speed. Ducati won more races than anyone else this past season. If they manage to continue to progress the bike and barring any big developments from Yamaha or Suzuki I think Ducati has a damn good chance of winning the triple crown next year. They came pretty damn close this year.

The drop off in grip the Ducati’s experienced in 2020 didn’t happen this past season, if anything the Ducati only got stronger as the races progressed. The other manufacturers are going to have their hands full contending with a grid nearly 1/3 full of Ducati bikes that are arguably more competitive than they have ever been before.

Honda will have to take some time to reevaluate whether they want to be an aerospace company or a motorcycle racing venture. Honda for all its amazing mechanical contributions to MotoGP also has one of the hardest and most unforgiving bikes to ride. Sure it is brilliant in the hands of Marquez at tracks where he is seemingly unbeatable but it’s not nearly as competitive as it once was. It will be quite interesting to see how the 2022 Honda performs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The aero package Honda recently tested looks pretty cool. Slab sided aero among many other modifications helped Honda put down the quickest time Thursday.

I love the look of the preseason test bikes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I hope this does well. Formula One did a similar documentary and it seems to have been quite a success for them.

MotoGP partners with Amazon for documentary on 2021 season

I hope when it comes out next year that it manages to spark and interest in lots of people who were otherwise unaware of this glorious Motorsport.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Will definitely watch, hope it brings some increased interest in GP like DTS did for F1.