Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2021 Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Short of milling and repaving, COTA is fucked. The track is sinking as it is, so even that would be a bandaid.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Fabio is in pretty good shape. He can crash out and still possibly win the title in the next race depending on where Bags finishes. Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
So, we need a FQ DNF or majorly bad race & a Bag points haul to keep the fight alive.

How are $$ allocated after the season. Seems the team/mfg championship is less important in MotoGP.

In F1, all the money distribution is based on the constructor's championship. Driver's championship doesn't get any $$ directly from F1.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Is MotoGP pulling the plug on moto-e? What is going on with their bike sponsor?

MotoGP app pinged me earlier today that Ducati will be sole provider for MotoE bikes from 23-26.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Binder to Yamaha (Darryn)! Great news. Espargaro brothers, Marquez brothers, Rossi's brother Luca, and now the Binders. A lot of got damn brothers!

New Yamaha team formed, but really just a name change.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well that was a heart breaking end to a fun as hell season. Damn Bags I was really hoping you could pull off a win today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I was hoping that it would come down to the wire in Portimao. Bags was on course to win and that tire cooled just a tad too much unfortunately. I think if Jack had stayed onboard a bit longer, Bagnaia wouldn’t have had to push as hard and he may have kept the championship alive but it’s just one of those things we’ll never know.

I’m happy for Quatararo and Yamaha though. I’ll take anybody as champion but Marc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mutedblade,

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Just watched the Moto 2 race.... Eek that crash was weird. It looked like brake failure to me but we'll probably never know. Don't think he had a brain fart and grabbed to much brake.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
While I do not own a Ducati motorcycle (yet) I do have a fondness for their company. Full disclosure I am a 90° V/L twin addict so of course I have an affinity for Ducati and their racing adventures even with their recent focus on the V4 over the 90° L twin which may have reached the end of the line as far as advancement and development.

This picture sums up exactly how I felt when it cut to Bags and his Ducati crashing out of a commanding lead. Ugh. Frown. I don’t really care for Fabio at all so him winning over Marquez is hardly any better. It sucks man. If I’m being 100% honest Fabio winning sucks. It’s ironic coming from a rabid inline four fan such as myself but I was really rooting for Ducati to win this year once Mir’s chances to defend his title went up in smoke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Marquez to miss Algarve GP

quote:
​​​​​​​This past Saturday Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team), while preparing for the Brembo Algarve Grand Prix with one of his standard off-road training sessions, suffered a fall that caused a slight head concussion.

After a few days of rest at home and seeing that he was still unwell, today Marquez has been assessed by doctors in a medical check-up to evaluate his current status. As a precautionary measure, this coming weekend Marquez will not contest the Algarve Grand Prix in Portimao.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

quote:
​​​​​​​This past Saturday Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team), while preparing for the Brembo Algarve Grand Prix with one of his standard off-road training sessions, suffered a fall that caused a slight head concussion.

After a few days of rest at home and seeing that he was still unwell, today Marquez has been assessed by doctors in a medical check-up to evaluate his current status. As a precautionary measure, this coming weekend Marquez will not contest the Algarve Grand Prix in Portimao.

Bradl in for Marquez at Portimao

quote:

Honda MotoGP test rider Stefan Bradl will once again return to MotoGP action this weekend at the Algarve Grand Prix, stepping into the Repsol Honda team to repeat his now regular role as the replacement for the injured Marc Marquez.

It was announced yesterday that the Spaniard will sit out this weekend’s race at Portimao after sustaining a concussion last Saturday while training on an off-road machine, but no substitute was confirmed when the team first released a brief statement on the eight-time world champion’s injuries.

However, it’s now been made official that Bradl, who has tested extensively of late for the Japanese manufacturer, will park his microphone from his normal weekend role as a TV pundit for German broadcaster Servus and will instead replace Marquez.

“First of all I hope Marc is recovering well and he can be back on track soon,” the 31-year-old said in a team press release.

“I am looking forward to riding again as Portimao is an enjoyable circuit where we had a good result towards the end of 2020. It’s never easy to jump on the bike, but we have had a lot of good bike time this year between the races and testing.”

Bradl’s return to the team is a familiar one considering it marks his fifth appearance of the season for Honda after first deputising for Marquez at the opening two races of the year in Qatar (pictured below) before going on to make two wildcard appearances in his role as test rider.

It also means that he will have lined up for 17 of the last 27 races after spending most of the 2020 season deputising for Marquez as he recovered from a badly broken arm suffered at the opening round of the season, with the Spaniard only actually riding in 14 of those 27 rounds.

Bradl enjoyed his best result of the season last year at Portimao, finally released from what was essentially a racing test rider role in the final round of the year as a thank-you for his work both replacing Marquez and developing the 2021 RC213V.

Using previous track knowledge from his time in the World Superbike championship at a track that was then new to MotoGP, he ended the weekend in seventh.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The new shoulder cam they put on Alex Rins suit for FP1 was so fricking cool! I love the footage it captured.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Very cool watching the shoulder cam. Pilot is a very good word for these guys at this level. So much shit going on. Buttons, levers, doohickeys, and whirligigs. Too much stuff for me to have to think about while trying to stay upright at 200+ MPH.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
These guys are a rare breed. I had a scary moment on my R1 a while back. My close call was what these guys would call a normal day in the office. I was out in the country on a road I ride very often and know well. I was out on a “spirited” ride when I came upon a minivan.

I got on the throttle too hard while passing the minivan and must have pulled a small power wheelie or something because I felt the front end come up more than I expected while merging back into my lane and must not have put the wheel down straight or something because the next thing I knew the bars were yanking back and forth VERY quickly at well north of 100mph and I was edging closer and closer to going off the road.

It happened so quickly I don’t think I even had time to fully process what was happening. I got the bike back under control just as I was about to go off the right side of the road.

That little incident kept me off my bike for a long time and completely changed my riding style. I had on basically no gear when it happened other than a helmet. Yeah, I know stupid. I started riding my mountain bike after that close call and had a hell of a spill on my mountain bike a few weeks later which resulted in some road rash.

The pain I felt the next day after a 15-20mph crash and slide on asphalt completely sobered me up. I began to contemplate what a crash would feel like on a motorcycle and began to shudder.

I don’t know how those guys manage to get back on their MotoGP bikes after a bad spill and still push it to the limit. They are fearless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
The new shoulder cam they put on Alex Rins suit for FP1 was so fricking cool! I love the footage it captured.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
You gotta love Jack Miller having some fun and getting his Ducati airborne after a great qualifying session. Big Grin Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That KTM on KTM crash with 2 laps to go looked bad from the one replay I saw. As the riders went over the crest of a hill they go out of sight but before they disappeared from the screen they looked tangled up. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
That KTM on KTM crash with 2 laps to go looked bad from the one replay I saw. As the riders went over the crest of a hill they go out of sight but before they disappeared from the screen they looked tangled up. Frown

Watched it 'live' as it was broadcast on TV.
That was a gnarly looking crash, can't imagine being stuck between the bikes as you go bouncing off the track.

Mir was putting in a good fight at the front, seem the Suzuki has made some improvements, just too little too late.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Bradl in for Marquez at Portimao

Maquez out for Valencia GP & Jerez Test

quote:

Eight-time World Champion Marc Marquez will miss both the upcoming Motul Valencia Grand Prix and post-season Jerez Test after being ruled unfit to participate. The Repsol Honda rider has been suffering from vision problems since an off-road training accident in the build up to the Algarve Grand Prix, which he also missed. After resting at home since a medical examination last Tuesday, the number 93 has continued to feel unwell and suffered from vision issues, known as diplopia.

More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
quote:
These guys are a rare breed. I had a scary moment on my R1 a while back. My close call was what these guys would call a normal day in the office. I was out in the country on a road I ride very often and know well. I was out on a “spirited” ride when I came upon a minivan.

I got on the throttle too hard while passing the minivan and must have pulled a small power wheelie or something because I felt the front end come up more than I expected while merging back into my lane and must not have put the wheel down straight or something because the next thing I knew the bars were yanking back and forth VERY quickly at well north of 100mph and I was edging closer and closer to going off the road.

It happened so quickly I don’t think I even had time to fully process what was happening. I got the bike back under control just as I was about to go off the right side of the road.

That little incident kept me off my bike for a long time and completely changed my riding style. I had on basically no gear when it happened other than a helmet. Yeah, I know stupid. I started riding my mountain bike after that close call and had a hell of a spill on my mountain bike a few weeks later which resulted in some road rash.

The pain I felt the next day after a 15-20mph crash and slide on asphalt completely sobered me up. I began to contemplate what a crash would feel like on a motorcycle and began to shudder.

I don’t know how those guys manage to get back on their MotoGP bikes after a bad spill and still push it to the limit. They are fearless.

Yer first tank slapper?

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post