SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul - Season 5
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul - Season 5 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wow. Last episode escalated quickly. The future for Kim becomes less hazy.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Wow. Last episode escalated quickly. The future for Kim becomes less hazy.

She jumped into this waaay to soon. Now (even if she isn't wacked by the Salamoncas) she's a player just like Jimmy. Nice to see Mike demonstrating his bushcraft. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
Having kicked a few prickly pears in my 16 years train running in ABQ, I couldn't stop laughing when Saul/Jimmy pulled the bloody cactus spine from his loafer. That episode was fantastic.

Posts: 918 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta wonder if something happens, and it comes down to Saul having to decide who lives, him or Kim.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
As Mike put, Kim is now in the game. I'm guessing this will explain her absence in BB.

These episodes just fly by, cant believe only 2 remain.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Why did Mike take the gas cap? I thought he was going to stuff a rag down and torch the car, but then he just kept it and push the car down the ditch. Confused

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Why did Mike take the gas cap? I thought he was going to stuff a rag down and torch the car, but then he just kept it and push the car down the ditch. Confused

Maybe the gas cap was holding a GPS transponder.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^
Yep. My thought as well.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Transmitters in the gas cap are standard in the Ehrmantraut playbook.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Last nights episode was excellent and that hour and half passed very quickly (damn commercial breaks)

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed it too, particularly Lalo, as an uninvited house guest. Great show.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
With everything on the line, Jimmy all but shit the bed. With Kim being as sharp as she obviously is, how'd she ever hitch her wagon to THAT star? Yeah, love is blind but that is one complicated relationship.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8348 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
She is smart but enjoys the cons as well.

Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
She loves Jimmy (she can't/won't call him Saul yet), but clearly she is disgusted with his client base and associated risks. She is kinda in "No Man's Land" careerwise.

As much as we like her, I fear she will be knocked off...........

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Man, ol' Kim really knows how to argue a case. Jimmy/Saul is a sorrowful sumbitch but Nacho takes the cake for the saddest character in the show. A double agent that only wants to be out of the whole mess.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I haven't read this thread because I don't want to see any spoilers. I have watched Breaking Bad twice and am caught up on Better Call Saul through Season 4.

Can I just get a "Yes, it's worth it", a "Meh, if you've come this far ...", or a "Son of a B!! I can't believe they ruined a great series! Mad "?

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I haven't read this thread because I don't want to see any spoilers. I have watched Breaking Bad twice and am caught up on Better Call Saul through Season 4.

Can I just get a "Yes, it's worth it", a "Meh, if you've come this far ...", or a "Son of a B!! I can't believe they ruined a great series! Mad "?

I was in the same boat until I finished Season 4 on Netflix. That season sucked so bad I had to read the spoilers for season 5 to see if I should waste another 100 hours of my life or not, when it is available on Netflix.
From the posts above sounds like it may be a bit better.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

Yes, they're all worth watching. The writers of both these series really like giving depth to the characters and story line. Those little mysteries might be teasers, but I like them. The one-eyed teddy bear in the swimming pool in Breaking Bad, being a great example.

In many ways I wish that I hadn't seen Breaking Bad when it first came out. Binge watching that series now (cooped up in the house) would have made a grand diversion.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I think this is by far the best thing on television. I've loved just about every minute of every episode. Yes, it is very much worth it IMO.

Monday's show was great. The tension when Lalo showed up to their home was excellent. Kim was fantastic in that scene.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
Monday's show was great. The tension when Lalo showed up to their home was excellent. Kim was fantastic in that scene.

That scene made me feel sure that was the end of Kim.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post