SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    It seems like there are two kinds of Bill Murray movies
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It seems like there are two kinds of Bill Murray movies Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I thought he was spectacular in St Vincent

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I thought he was spectacular in St Vincent

After watching my mother in law go through Dementia before she passed, St Vincent hit close to home. I agree with bubbatime on his performance in this one.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
To the I liked list, “what about Bob?”

I will second that!

A coworker recommended this movie to my family many years back and it has become a personal favorite - we quote lines and re-enact scenes from it all the time.

More recently I’ve read that he and Richard Dreyfus did not get along at all during the making of the film.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
His schtick is often very annoying to me. I love him in Caddyshack and it works well in Groundhog Day but I'd love to slap his characters in Stripes and Ghostbusters.

And I like him in the Wes Anderson movies. His quirkiness works in those. Love Rushmore, RT, and LA.

I tried watching Lost in Translation many years ago and couldn't make it through it. Should try it again but don't find it on streaming typically.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
CaddyShack
Groundhog Day
Stripes

Left out Ghost Busters and Get Smart. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
What about Ernie McCracken in Kingpin!

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Lost in Translation is Murray's best role IMO. It's even Murray's personal favorite film of his own.

But it's not a typical Bill Murray film, and not even really a comedy.

That is a really excellent movie.

Anderson uses him well, too. Although "Life Aquatic" is not my favorite Wes Anderson film.

The goofball comedies are all over the map. Some good, some funny but dumb, and some just bad.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
What about Ernie McCracken in Kingpin!

that was good,

and wasn't he in a zombie movie with Woody Harrelson?

as mentioned, like Will Ferrel and Ben Stiller, sometimes he is great, sometimes he sucks,

overall , decent

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

and wasn't he in a zombie movie with Woody Harrelson?

He was in both Zombieland movies.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post