SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    It took four tries...RIP Clarence Giiyard, Jr.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It took four tries...RIP Clarence Giiyard, Jr. Login/Join 
posted
Texas Rangers are a tough bunch, but Ranger Jimmy Trivette is no more. Ranger Cordell Walker will have to now go it alone.

Clarence Gilyard, Jr. who of course played Ranger Trivette, passed away yesterday at age 66. Way too young though supposedly he's not been in good health for some time. A lot of memorable roles, if sometimes small (Sundown in Top Gun and Theo the hacker in Die Hard, for instance) by him.

From IMDB it states that Jimmy Trivette "died" three times in the series, though each "death" occurred in some sort of dream (can't confirm that first-hand, since I only sometimes watched the show with my wife who watched it religiously during its run). So sadly it was the "fourth" time that was the real one and actually took the man. RIP, Mr. Gilyard.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Sad news - he seemed so young. My parents were hardcore Matlock watchers when I was a kid, I remember him well from that show as well as WTR. Frown

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Damn, much too young. I saw a little of him yesterday. Absolutely hate WTR, but always liked him.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Yes, very sad news. I liked the characters he played. In real life he seemed like a decent guy.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aw man,liked watching that guy.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post