SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Producers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Producers? Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
Not the movie or the play...

What is the deal with the opening credits of a TV show and the list of Producers, executive and other wise?

I realize that the producer is an upper level manager of the show, but do these shows need 6 or 7 or 10? What exactly do they do?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Frequently, they are the money people. They put up the funding for the movie.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

For more money, you can become an "Executive Producer". Smile

I've often wondered about the large number of producers. I seem to recall in olden days there was a producer, and a director.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Were they little old ladies?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I've seen on some of the Crowdfunding sites where for a certain amount of money you can be named an executive producer in the credits.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
From the classic movie "State and Main":

Joseph Turner White:
What's an associate producer credit?

Bill Smith:
It's what you give to your secretary instead of a raise.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post