SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Just for fun - Before John Wick . . . There was John Lee
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just for fun - Before John Wick . . . There was John Lee Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
The Replacement Killers

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Mira Sorvino is so dreamy.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Love this movie.

To me, it's still Antoine Fuqua best work to date. It's soooo John Wooish...

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
I love that movie. On another forum there was a thread about best opening scenes in movies and I posted that.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Never cared for this one, because I preferred Chow Yun-Fat's earlier John Woo fare. I also thought it was odd that the movie was called The Replacement Killers, but the actual titular replacement killers weren't that impressive and didn't last very long.

I was amused at hearing Chow Fun-Fat in an interview saying that Antoine Fuqua took him out to shoot real guns before the filming and it scared him to death. Despite all the massive gunplay in his Hong Kong films, he never shot a real gun nor used two hands to hold a pistol before! Ha! Big Grin

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You wouldn't see John Wick hold a handgun "teacup" style as in that trailer. Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I fondly remember that movie, and watching it frequently in younger days.

Also enjoyed Chow Yun Fat in the Corruptor with ol Markie Mark

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Also enjoyed Chow Yun Fat in the Corruptor with ol Markie Mark

The Corruptor car chase had one of the highest number of innocent bystander casualties I've ever seen in a film!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Mira Sorvino is so dreamy.

This woman, with a Hi-power.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I think of Chow Yun Fat, I think of Hard Boiled. Fun shoot em up flick with a great opening and great finale.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I prefer Chow Yun Fat's earlier Hong Kong films like another poster. I remember going on a huge binge and seeing a bunch of them when I was younger. He was quite prolific. I did the same with Jet Li. Reminds me, I haven't seen any HK movies in a while.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mira Sorvino Smile
It's too bad Weinstein and his cronies torpedo'd her career, she was on a fast track to stardom and could've been a better looking Jodie Foster. With him no longer around, hope she can reestablish herself on the big screen.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post