SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ken Block (Gymkhana) has died.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ken Block (Gymkhana) has died. Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
Killed in a snowmobile accident in Utah. R.i.P.

Link

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just saw that as well. He lived in my hometown, Park City. Horrible news.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's tragic and terrible.

This winter is taking some casualties, from Block's passing to actor Jeremy Renner's snowcat running him over and nearly killing him.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad indeed. He had the kind of persona that would make just about anyone feel as if he was invincible at virtually anything he did. Which of course isn't so. Condolences to his family.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
That’s awful. He was a genuinely nice guy.

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
He had a gift. I recall the first time my brother showed me one of his youtube videos. Unbelievable that anyone could have such control of an otherwise out of control car...

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
That's really sad to hear. He was a good guy from all accounts.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Fan of Ken's here. I have a relative that had worked closely with him and his outfit and they had nothing but great things to say about him. Definitely driven but always approachable and genuine.

He will be missed.

Posts: 584 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post