SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Betcha haven’t heard this one recently – “Convoy” CW McCall
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Betcha haven’t heard this one recently – “Convoy” CW McCall Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
One of a kind!

https://youtu.be/j3VN54M1OXA

William Dale Fries Jr. (aka C. W. McCall):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._W._McCall

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9009 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I have.

I unapologetically love this song.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I actually did hear this again fairly recently, but yeah it's a good one. I remember everyone was buying CB radios after this.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16397 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I grew up around trucks and the trucking "community".

This pops in my head several times a month Cool

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I have.

I unapologetically love this song.

Yup. It’s on my ITunes.

In the 70’s, Radio Shack sold an album called “Put the Hammer Down” which had this song on it.

Man, I played that album to death when I was a kid. Actually have it recreated with iTunes now.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The chorus always sounded a little too phoofey to me for a truck driving song. Big Grin

(we are overdue for a truck driving song thread, though I'm sure there are those who will disagree) Wink

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I did Thursday night on YouTube. Got my CAT Diesel Power black hat sitting on the front passenger seat.

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“…come on back truckers and talk to Teddy Bear…”
[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5769 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
All of those are great and I couldn't be less Trucker if I tried, but that stuff and Smokey and the Bandit / East Bound and Down are etched deep in me.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
All of those are great and I couldn't be less Trucker if I tried, but that stuff and Smokey and the Bandit / East Bound and Down are etched deep in me.

Yeah, me too. I grew up watching movies like this (and some 'trucker' TV shows - I think "Moving On" and "BJ and the Bear.". .).

I have this song on my ipod (I don't listen to the radio while driving, and I don't have any streaming music.

I watched part of Smokie/Bandit II the other day - OMG that was WORSE than I remember it (and I saw it in the theater).

I haven't seen Convoy in at least 35 years. I do recall it was a good one, but I was much younger then, and of course it was an entirely different era.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
This song has been in my phone playlist for years. I was heavily into the CB craze way back when.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
There are versions of this on Youtube with cleaner, more clear audio, but for some reason this just sounds right. I guess because it's the way I always heard it. Smile

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post