SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A Man Called Ove (Swedish)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Man Called Ove (Swedish) Login/Join 
posted
I know there is a thread about the Tom Hanks remake. I just watched this movie. All subtitled because it is in Swedish.

Not woke at all, unlike Hank's version.

This movie was outstanding. The actors and the script were just about perfect.

You owe it to yourself to go find this movie (I think I watched it on Netflix, maybe Prime). It was easily the best movie I have seen in a long time (besides Top Gun 2 lol). Start to finish it was an enjoyable ride.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Agree. I enjoyed it.

Off track but there was a fish out of water soccer coach movie that was good too (if I remember correctly). I think I saw both around the same time. Can’t remember the name off hand. I’ll try to find it.

Found it: Britt Marie Was Here
After the end of a long marriage, Britt-Marie is starting over at age 63. In the small town of Borg, the only job she can find is quite challenging: to coach the town's youth soccer team. Based on the bestselling novel by author Fredrik Backman (A Man Called Ove).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will check that out as well. Thanks.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I’d never heard of it.
That really was well done and acted like few movies are today.
Didn’t hurt that half of me is Swedish too.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't plan on seeing the woke remake.
However, the original Swedish version is excellent!

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I both liked it a lot.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post