SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Looks like the Without Remorse movie is finally being made.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like the Without Remorse movie is finally being made. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

$20 says that Without Remorse is set in Baltimore and has Clark killin' white dudes who are somehow the kingpins of crime.

It's been years since I read the book, but wasn't it Baltimore where Clark tripled the weekend body count after the bad guys killed his girlfriend? And wasn't his hideaway an old coast defense gun battery that once protected Baltimore Harbor?

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, in my mind, Clark was always Dafoe. I liked the Ford ones and Red October. Sum of all fears was forgettable to me. He's a good actor but I don't agree with the casting. Sadly part of me says atleast they didn't make him a lesbian transgender Malaysian woman with wrong feminist overtones or some nonsense as seems popular. This does however give me pretty heavy reservations about it. This reminds me of Archer when Mallory tells Lana to go undercover and she replys, "What, as Russia's only black woman?" There's plenty of charectors in literature that are neutral casting but erasing Clark's backstory which you have to do here, may well be a deal breaker. As well I think it will play out differently story wise even if it doesn't have to. I can't picture Hollywood doing anything but masterbating while somehow spinning this into a weird race thing. When they make Rainbow can we get Schwarzenegger to play Chavez?

Posts: 3040 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
When they make Rainbow can we get Schwarzenegger to play Chavez?

Under today's guidelines, with "Rainbow" in the title they all have to be some flavor of ghey.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chavez will probably be a woman....

I wasn't even aware this was on the horizon, but now I probably won't be seeing it. Fucking up one of my favorite characters borders on unforgivable.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2729 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Oh wtf.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Oh wtf.

Yeah, that. Jesus...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
It would be awesome if they could pull it off. But I have low expectations until I see the trailer.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3570 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
This is going to be a...

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to keep an open mind. ‘Without Remorse’ was perhaps my favorite-of-all-time Clancy novel (back when I read that genre). Leiv Schreiber has absolutely been my favorite of all of the Mr. Clark characters… By far the most believable. I’ll probably watch it when it comes out, I just hope I’m not disappointed

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
It depends on where they've adapted his backstory to.

Cold Warrior is not a credible backstory for someone my age (which Clark was then). Working in the Middle East or chasing various AQ franchises in Africa is.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
His race wont be all they change, it will probably just be something totally new just with the title to lure you in.

$20 says that Without Remorse is set in Baltimore and has Clark killin' white dudes who are somehow the kingpins of crime.

Oh yeah. He will also hate guns. He will use a lot of them but will take shots at civilian ownership. His dad will change from a cop into a peace activist who marched with MLK, and the girlfriend who gets killed will be his non-binary domestic partner.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Damn. I can’t stand Michael B. Jordan. He must be strong with the millennials. He just doesn’t have the range of a great actor, very limited. Hated his casting in Black Panther and isn’t much better in the Creed films.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12564 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I'm sure nobody will mind the next Black Panther being white...

Exactly. This is going to stink on ice.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post