SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Pet Sematary (2019) ?!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pet Sematary (2019) ?! Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
I was checking movie listings for Shazam and saw that this movie was out in theaters. I hadn't even heard of it. I never read the novel but thought the original movie was pretty good. I know Hollywood is really into remakes but did we really need this one?

https://youtu.be/XakmsXltPkA

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18024 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

They can't come up with something more original?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as remakes go, I think 1988's The Running Man is screaming for a quality remake.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
The remake of The Shining was good,stayed closer to the book.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I know Hollywood is really into remakes but did we really need this one?

Yes, because that recent Itadaptation made massive bank. Can't turn down that kind of potential money. I've heard they changed some stuff to avoid telling the same old story again.

I'll always defend Hollywood's preference for remakes and reboots. They do it because the general public tends to flock to the familiar. It's their/our fault for not taking chances in seeing something fresh and unfamiliar. This ain't the old days where there were only movies and network TV to choose from. Theaters have way too much competition to take chances.

Posts: 5586 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the original Pet Semetary at far too early of an age, and some certain scenes I will never be able to forget.

King has been very popular over the last few years and I always get the smallest amount of amusement from it all. Not for the reason you might think, though. I've only ever read one King book, Christine, and it was because I was dating a girl at the time with that name. I found it amusing for the simple reason that he and I share the same name. I meet a lot of his avid fans due to this fact. Maybe one of these days I'll take his literature a little more seriously and give it a try.

Posts: 248 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EssKayR22:
I watched the original Pet Semetary at far too early of an age, and some certain scenes I will never be able to forget.

King has been very popular over the last few years and I always get the smallest amount of amusement from it all. Not for the reason you might think, though. I've only ever read one King book, Christine, and it was because I was dating a girl at the time with that name. I found it amusing for the simple reason that he and I share the same name. I meet a lot of his avid fans due to this fact. Maybe one of these days I'll take his literature a little more seriously and give it a try.

just my opinion,

his early work is really good,
the only one I did not like was Carrie,
the rest of his books are better than the movies,

It was good, The Shining probably the best, and the Stand was really good..
the first few Dark Tower books were excellent also
one he had his accident, his books got longer, and longer and longer, with out getting any better,,,

I gave up shortly after Misery

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this the 2nd remake now?
I didn't like the one with ?Denise Crosby??
so I probably won't watch this one.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I saw it because I had a free ticket. I still feel like I got ripped off. It sucked.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
As far as remakes go, I think 1988's The Running Man is screaming for a quality remake.

Blasphemy! Go flog yourself.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post