SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    John Wick 3 ... Spoiler thread
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Wick 3 ... Spoiler thread Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Saw it today - FANTASTIC.
Maybe the best or tied with number 1.
The shot guns did seem a bit off/odd in their use though.
Was it a semi auto, a pump and is the capacity "variable"? Confused
Loved it. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Lance Reddick, "Charon" did not seem nearly as comfortable with his fight and weapons-operating scenes as Halle Berry, and of course, Reeves. But I have to agree with his comment about loading shotguns.

"Did you get to do any martial arts training, because it’s such a huge martial arts film?

No, I didn’t. I wrestled all throughout high school and I’m pretty good on a heavy bag, but most of it was working with stunt guys typically for the sequences that I was going to do. Some of which didn’t actually get in the movie.

In that big fight sequence, was there a most challenging part for you?

One of the two most challenging parts actually didn’t end up making it into the movie. That was a sequence after I come from behind cover where it ends in the film, there was a whole other sequence where I flip a guy and I get to shoot a guy from below and come back up to flip another guy. So that was a little challenging, I’m trying to navigate up and down, up and down with a shotgun. But believe it or not, the most challenging thing was learning how to load a shotgun. Loading a shotgun’s hard."

https://www.slashfilm.com/lanc...hapter-3-parabellum/

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I was disappointed. It seemed a little too much like the matrix. Weird sci-fi story and characters.

He gets hit by 2 cars in a row and runs off, falls off a building and is fine, every time he reloads everyone stops to let him, they throw dozens of knives at each other and no one gets stabbed. Not really sure what Halle berry had to do with anything. Comes in in the middle of the movie and then she's gone again.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched Wick 2 this weekend again and you can see him reloading the Benelli one at a time. In wick 3, he's quad loading like a champ.

The movies take place just a couple days apart from one another.

This is my biggest issue with the franchise. By 2021 we'll be 7 years into a film franchise with a series of 4 films that take the place over the course of a week or two. Too much real world passage of time. They should have shot 2 and 3 or 3 and 4 back to back and then ended this story line and allow for some time to pass before making more.

Knowing them, the Sig p365 will be the featured gun in 2021 even though the movie is still set in 2014.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
... they throw dozens of knives at each other and no one gets stabbed.

Confused Nearly everyone who went into that building after Wick got stabbed. A couple of dudes looked like pin cushions with all the knives sticking out of them from Wick throwing them.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
... they throw dozens of knives at each other and no one gets stabbed.

Confused Nearly everyone who went into that building after Wick got stabbed. A couple of dudes looked like pin cushions with all the knives sticking out of them from Wick throwing them.

Not to mention that anyone who's ever done knife throwing will tell you that sometimes the knife doesn't stick because the spine or handle hits the target instead of the tip of the blade. While I couldn't be sure because of the speed, it seemed like that's what happened with some of the knives that bounced instead of sticking.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The director said in order for it to seen more realistic, they miss at the beginning of the fight since they don't have the weight and distance down. Then later in the fight, they figure it out.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Plus they've done plenty of stabby slash fights; it was a nice changeup to do is as a throwing match. Just for variety's sake. Also addressed is the Hollywood myth that throwing one knife at someone- any knife, even a little penknife- automatically results in the victim dramatically clutching their chest while they expel their final breath. Several knives, different story.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Loved it. Cool

Wick used a customized Benelli M2 and Charon used a Benelli M4. The M2 probably held 8+1, but the M4 was a civilian model with the blocked tube to limit the capacity to 5+1.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Loved it. Cool

Wick used a customized Benelli M2 and Charon used a Benelli M4. The M2 probably held 8+1, but the M4 was a civilian model with the blocked tube to limit the capacity to 5+1.

Also, Wick was quad loading (2 or 4 at a time), and was reloading opportunistically.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched part of an interview the other day with Keaneu, Halle and the director of the film and they talked about the Matrix line " I need lots of guns". Supposedly the director asked Keaneu to just say the line as a joke and that it would not be put into the final film but he had other plans.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fight scenes were so long I got bored.

Posts: 904 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
I liked the call out to Tuco from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly as he shuffled parts on the single action revolver when he picked out the 44-40 cartridge on one of the upper levels of the lamp and blade bizarre.

This sequence mystified me. With all the guns available, and time short, he takes a couple wheel-guns apart, mixes parts, and after reassembling, does, what, one shot with it?

This must have made sense, but the rationale whiffed right past me. Probably my fault - I don't shoot revolvers, let alone single action ones, and it has been decades since I last saw The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
I liked the call out to Tuco from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly as he shuffled parts on the single action revolver when he picked out the 44-40 cartridge on one of the upper levels of the lamp and blade bizarre.

This sequence mystified me. With all the guns available, and time short, he takes a couple wheel-guns apart, mixes parts, and after reassembling, does, what, one shot with it?

This must have made sense, but the rationale whiffed right past me. Probably my fault - I don't shoot revolvers, let alone single action ones, and it has been decades since I last saw The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Yeah. I’m thinking the director is paying homage to Sergio Leone with that scene.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I couldn't resist and ordered a Taran 2011 Combat Master. The John Wick series is one of my favorites.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I couldn't resist and ordered a Taran 2011 Combat Master. The John Wick series is one of my favorites.

Too rich for my blood, but I have been thinking about getting one of those replica coins.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
Here's mine: In the scene where John and Sofia were making their break for it they ran into a larger open space with multiple levels. She was shooting with a red dot, then not, and then with in about a 4 minute span.

I will have to wait until it comes out on disc to confirm as the theater wouldn't back it up like I would at home...

Watched it last night. That stupid red dot sight appeared and disappeared about 6 or 8 times during that entire sequence. It was pretty bad consistency....

And I'm 95% sure she wasn't just changing guns - it was all supposed to be the same gun I think.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
John Wick 3 was okay. I find these sequel stories undercut by the presence of the ridiculous comic book-y underground crime syndicate. The first John Wick was a simple story of a guy getting revenge for his dog (and car), and the organization hovered in the background to give some weird color to that movie world.

In the sequels, the organization is much more prominent in the storytelling, and it's so over the top, it destroys any drama that might've existed in the script. The weird processing room filled with tatted secretaries typing on manual typewriters and Commodore computers hooked to green CRT screens and writing on chalkboards, the administrative offices that are a hall of mirrors projecting giant holograms, how to meet the big guy - walk out in the desert under Ursa Major until you pass out and maybe he'll meet with you... I HATE THAT RIDICULOUS STUFF! Gimme a break!

I do admire Keanu for going through all that training for such a silly film. It's not that his character has to be that realistic, so I appreciate his dedication. Halle looked more impressive than Charlize's moves in Atomic Blonde.

Couldn't believe that the Continental's guards would take on armored guys with rifles with only pistols. They had an entire arsenal of military weapons at their disposal! Of course they got their ass handed to them!

Overall, I was satisfied with the level of violence. This is what I want from current James Bond and Mission Impossible and Fast and the Furious movies. Rated R usually makes action movies so much better in my book. I just wish they would tone down that silly organization's presence. It's one step away from Wanted and its curving bullets.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Of course, being John Wick, he could have probably killed everyone there with that mallet and chisel.

Maybe that's part 4.

Speaking of Part 4, the mallet, and the chisel... I wondered what Hollywood trickery was done in all the scenes following the finger-chopping, so as to hide or not show the actor's [not-really-chopped-off] finger. Of course, my next wonder is what will have to be done in Part 4 to handle that, too.

Sure, there can be a limit to shots that show the left hand. There can be CGI. They could (maybe?) tape his finger down or something... special gloves? Heck, Idunno, but I'd like to.

Regardless, I enjoyed Part 3 and am looking forward to Part 4 (assuming there is one).

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Of course, being John Wick, he could have probably killed everyone there with that mallet and chisel.

Maybe that's part 4.

Speaking of Part 4, the mallet, and the chisel... I wondered what Hollywood trickery was done in all the scenes following the finger-chopping, so as to hide or not show the actor's [not-really-chopped-off] finger. Of course, my next wonder is what will have to be done in Part 4 to handle that, too.

Sure, there can be a limit to shots that show the left hand. There can be CGI. They could (maybe?) tape his finger down or something... special gloves? Heck, Idunno, but I'd like to.

Regardless, I enjoyed Part 3 and am looking forward to Part 4 (assuming there is one).

CGI. Throughout the series they use quite a bit of CGI for the close-up knife/sword/gunshot scenes that would be too dangerous to do otherwise.

I'm just glad Keanu Reeves isn't a "method" actor. Wink