New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad movies Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I nominate "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". I sat through it tonight. It's awful. But would be funny with a jeering crowd and enough alcohol.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I nominate "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". I sat through it tonight. It's awful. But would be funny with a jeering crowd and enough alcohol.

Yes, terrible!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Got another nomination: Big Trouble In Little China. Hilarious.

You shut your dirty whore mouth. Smile. That’s a great movie dammit. Razz

Thing is: It is a great movie. It's one of those bad movies that is so bad, it goes right out the other side of the bad scale into good

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Canadian Bacon.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
Canadian Bacon.

Not really. Canadian Bacon was meant to be silly & stupid.

"Good bad movies," which is what I understand the OP to mean, are movies that aren't just bad, but so bad they're actually good. Usually applied to movies that are meant to be taken seriously, but are so outlandishly bad they're funny.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
Canadian Bacon.

Not really. Canadian Bacon was meant to be silly & stupid.

"Good bad movies," which is what I understand the OP to mean, are movies that aren't just bad, but so bad they're actually good. Usually applied to movies that are meant to be taken seriously, but are so outlandishly bad they're funny.

Point taken.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised nobody mentioned The Room, a now cult-classic. A friend of mine showed this to us on DVD a few years ago after dinner and a bunch of drinks, and we were all in stitches, it was so bad. A guy named Tommy Wiseau wrote, directed, and starred in this horrible film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXEuzulOM9Q

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
An obscure submission from 1982: Pandemonium

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's hard to believe that Abel Ferrara made this piece of crap, after making totally badass crime films like King of New York, Bad Lieutenant, and Ms. 45.

4:44. The world's gonna end at exactly 4:44 AM because of a hole in the ozone layer or some such shit. No, really. Roll Eyes Abel, how much weed did you have to smoke in order to convince yourself make this POS?

[Sam'l L. in Jackie Brown] What the fuck happened to you, man?? Your ass used to be beautiful. [/Sam'l L. in Jackie Brown]

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Marked for Death
Starring Steven Seagal.
Complete with a very serious sounding Jamaican bad guy called Screwface.

Predictably awful and hilarious.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
For bad movies just try HULU. Confused

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Bridger:
For bad movies just try HULU. Confused

Kind of like Red Box. 1200 movies, 50 you've actually heard of, 14 you might want to watch.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocky Horror Picture Show....

So "bad" there are midnight showings.
So "bad" people "help" the actors on screen.

Posts: 271 | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“Type 4 fuel is amphibian.”
- Rae Dawn Chong in the Swarzenegger movie “Commando,” looking at a photo of a seaplane and a fuel invoice.

Also have to add, Fire Down Below, the stinkiest from Steven Seagal, a guy with a boatload of stinkin’ movies. Preachy pseudo-environmentalism wrapped around a lousy plot and cigar store Indian acting—other than that, it was ok

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Samurai Cop

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
WOW, Never thought of Dr. Zhivago as humerous. Guess it's just me.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
It is not. Lots of things are funny though through the eyes of a child. I think that was his point. When I used to go the movies with friends there were often kids and teens laughing their asses off at love scenes etc.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
The classic:"Mommie Dearest" Seeing Faye Dunaway made up like something from a horror flick shouting, "No wire hangers EVER!!!!" (and playing it straight), is priceless.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
some things are tough to watch years later

was watching 'Sands of Iwo Jima' last night -- some of it was pretty campy and made me cringe

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
People Under the Stairs. I almost broke up with a girl in college after she suggested we go see that one. 99 cent theater and I still felt robbed.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post