Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad movies Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
Just about any of the late 60's Dragnet series. So bad it's good.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Just about any of the late 60's Dragnet series. So bad it's good.

As series go I think Ozark on Netflix is pretty bad. My wife started watching it recently. The plot holes would ruin all four tires and the characters are so over-the-top stereotypical that I don't know how anyone could possibly think it's serious drama. Its allure hinges on something to "shock" the senses every 15 minutes.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you can see a bunch of super bad movies from the 60s - 80s on Amazon Prime

i don't know why but i love watching them

there are various genres: sci-fi, prison, cop, blackspoitation like Foxy Brown, biker / stoner, etc...

they're just horrible -- but they are like time capsules in a way -- the clothes, dialogue, themes, hairstyles, cars, a snapshot in time

i think of them as 'Drive-In movies' -- something to watch but no one is really paying attention... Big Grin

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably be flamed and banned for this opinion, but we think the first "Jaws" movie falls into this category. The whole premise of a fish outsmarting a bunch of (admittedly very stupid) humans is quite preposterous. It's a fish. Throw in some pretty bad acting (Roy Scheider should have received a permanent ban from Hollywood on account of his performance), and we have, in our opinion, a terminally futile motion picture. We have never been able to sit through it even once. We have successfully avoided the sequels and so cannot comment on them. We doubt they are much better.

We trudge on.

Posts: 123 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
My personal favorite. Mind, it was supposed to be funny, just not "bad actor writes and directs movie starring himself" funny. Somebody probably held a gun to John Hurt's head to make him play in this one.

Posts: 2418 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wetrudgeon:
Probably be flamed and banned for this opinion, but we think the first "Jaws" movie falls into this category. The whole premise of a fish outsmarting a bunch of (admittedly very stupid) humans is quite preposterous. It's a fish. Throw in some pretty bad acting (Roy Scheider should have received a permanent ban from Hollywood on account of his performance), and we have, in our opinion, a terminally futile motion picture. We have never been able to sit through it even once. We have successfully avoided the sequels and so cannot comment on them. We doubt they are much better.

We trudge on.

the only observation I'll make is that the movie was based on a book -- which apparently was quite terrifying (I didnt read it...)

of course it was also victim of the limitations of special effects of that era... big robotic shark...

i loved the crazy Captain though -- Shaw was solid in that role IMO

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
With a late entry to the thread, I humbly submit Comrade Detective.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/bi9ErFdyP3o

PS: For any of those wondering, it's not real

Posts: 7260 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howard the Duck.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Scantily clad Lea Thompson is only redeeming quality.

So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause. (A comment on our COVID response)

Posts: 19 | Location: Governor Smek's Buckeye State | Registered: April 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Hey guys you forgot the Biblical films. Not stepping on toes here. Just plain awful. You know them one guy posted it another thread I think Jack Palance. I cannot remember film. Could be Silver Chalice. Not sure not seen the film. Not making fun of religion just the film. Jesus Christ Superstar I think got good reviews. So there.

You might be thinking of "Barabas" with Anthony Quinn.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep that is it. Thanks. I have it on tape, but not seen it. Need a good laugh now.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

NO I agree with you. Second viewing will have you rolling in the aisles like a group of teens cutting up at a serious movie. You know what I mean. Those kids who would not shut up at the theatre making fun of overly dramatic shit.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Plan 9 from Outer Space

So bad you can see the wires on the flying saucers

That one and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes are widely-regarded as two of the best, if not the two best, bad movies ever made.

quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
As series go I think Ozark on Netflix is pretty bad. My wife started watching it recently. The plot holes ...

My wife and I enjoy Ozark, but, yeah: It's riddled with plot holes and you know, you just know, that if there's a bad decision to be made, that is the decision the characters will make. Without exception.

Here's my submission: Invasion USA. A Chuck Norris film so exploitative, so poorly-written and poorly-acted, it certainly must rank right up there with some of the best bad movies ever

I'm almost tempted to watch it again to see if it's really as bad as I recall it having been.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
My entry is Valley Girl and stunningly, they're doing a REMAKE!

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The Conqueror. John Wayne plays Genghis Khan.
Really.
And they filmed it downwind from a Nuke test site.

All the leads, John Wayne, Agnes Moorehead, John Hoyt, Pedro Armendáriz, Susan Hayward and director Dick Powell died of cancer. The last three died young: 51, 57, 58 respectively.

Susan Hayward, what a broad! Big Grin

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who can forget the Blob and the ORIGINAL FLY movie which debuted at the Drive in.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I remember watching "The Gauntlet" (Clint Eastwood and Sondra Locke) and then wishing we'd bought a ticket to see something else.

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I've got to offer for consideration is: Xanadu.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Got another nomination: Big Trouble In Little China. Hilarious.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Got another nomination: Big Trouble In Little China. Hilarious.

You shut your dirty whore mouth. Smile. That’s a great movie dammit. Razz

Hell Comes To Frogtown
Cherry 2000
Troll 2
She Wolf of the Wasteland
Redneck Zombies

Are a few that spring to mind but the undisputed champ by FARRRRR is.

Oversexed Rugsuckers From Mars

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
so nobody remembers The Terror of Tiny Town?
you know, the all midget western?

oh, you just don't like musicals right?

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post