SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Seal Team moving to Paramount Streaming
Page 1 2 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Seal Team moving to Paramount Streaming Login/Join 
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted
This could also qualify as 'Rant' topic, but I just found out that the series, "Seal Team" is going to be moving from CBS to Paramount Streaming for next season. Soooo, that is one more TV show that I will not be watching as I refuse to pay a subscription to watch a TV program. For one thing, where I live I can only get satellite or over-the-air tv reception and for the little time I spend watching TV, paying for satellite setup is a waste of money as is paying for a streaming service.


_____________________________

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
 
Posts: 1746 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’m not happy about this either, SEAL Team is one network show that we’ve watched for a few years now. I will admit that this year it’s showing decline, these guys are supposed to be DevGru and the only team member who doesn’t appear to be in a compromised mental state is Clay. There’s always been a soap opera element in the show, to broaden its appeal, I guess; getting to be overarching.


__________________________________________________________
Why does listening to Dr. Robert Malone on #joerogan feel like WWII French resistance trying to get outside information on a ham radio?
- Post on Twitter
 
Posts: 11141 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Clarice is also moving to Paramount next season. Had some on the DVR but deleted them when I heard this. I'm not paying for CBS streaming either.




Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
 
Posts: 10190 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
SEAL Team is my favorite show on TV at this time. However, I will not be paying $$$ to watch it. So after 4 episodes next year on CBS (according to what I have read) it will be good bye for me.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
 
Posts: 1702 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The networks have reduced their interesting content so much my wife and I watch hardly any broadcast TV at all, anymore.

This does give us a hint of what's going to happen when "NextGen TV" (ATSC 3.0) is fully-deployed and the current standard, ATSC 1, is discontinued. I've been predicting all along the interesting content will all be paywalled--or at least DRM'd, thus preventing DVR'ing.




"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
"The dominant media is no more ``mainstream`` than leftists are liberals." -- me
 
Posts: 21999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I’m not happy about this either, SEAL Team is one network show that we’ve watched for a few years now. I will admit that this year it’s showing decline, these guys are supposed to be DevGru and the only team member who doesn’t appear to be in a compromised mental state is Clay. There’s always been a soap opera element in the show, to broaden its appeal, I guess; getting to be overarching.

It seems to be going the way of The Unit. Great starting out, but now too soap opera-ey. That was the beginning of the end for The Unit and I suspect this program as well.


________________________________________________________

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy." Winston Churchill
 
Posts: 17077 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
It seems to be going the way of The Unit. Great starting out, but now too soap opera-ey. That was the beginning of the end for The Unit and I suspect this program as well.
As soon as they got their families involved, it was all down hill for The Unit.
I wouldn't surprise me at all if SEAL Team ends up in the same place by the end of next season... Unfortunately.


__________________________________

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/
 
Posts: 5072 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
This will be a death kneel for the series. They will lose half the audience. Gonna miss the Sonnyisms Frown


______________________________________________
“ This is the government the founders warned us about”
 
Posts: 13131 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
This really pisses me off!! It is one show that I enjoy watching. I will not be paying to watch it. They can kiss my bootie!!
 
Posts: 5884 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
That will probably signal the end of that show. It has to be one expensive show to produce and it will not produce enough revenue to keep it going. I really like the show but it was getting a little too soap opera and woke this season.



"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra
 
Posts: 1552 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
That will probably signal the end of that show. It has to be one expensive show to produce and it will not produce enough revenue to keep it going.

That's what happened to The Orville. From Wikipedia:
quote:

The show had relatively successful ratings on Fox, becoming the broadcaster's highest-rated Thursday show as well as Fox's "most-viewed debut drama" since 2015.

But Fox, being Fox, pulled another Firefly stunt and sold the series to Hulu. It lasted one season there and was gone. I was not surprised.




"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
"The dominant media is no more ``mainstream`` than leftists are liberals." -- me
 
Posts: 21999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Wait until the end of the season and then sign up for the free trial. Enjoy the binge and cancel the service before they charge you.


"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")
 
Posts: 2202 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
4 seasons for amazon purchase also.
 
Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
That will probably signal the end of that show. It has to be one expensive show to produce and it will not produce enough revenue to keep it going.

That's what happened to The Orville. From Wikipedia:
quote:

The show had relatively successful ratings on Fox, becoming the broadcaster's highest-rated Thursday show as well as Fox's "most-viewed debut drama" since 2015.

But Fox, being Fox, pulled another Firefly stunt and sold the series to Hulu. It lasted one season there and was gone. I was not surprised.


The Orville is still kicking. Filming was sidelined by COVID, but it is still due to come back for a third season.
 
Posts: 8242 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Great show. Hate to hear this. I only watch two shows on Network TV - Seal Team and Blacklist.


NRA Life Member

 
Posts: 948 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
The Orville is still kicking. Filming was sidelined by COVID, but it is still due to come back for a third season.

Yes, but, unless somebody else picks it up, Season 3 will be the last: Exclusive: ‘The Orville’ Cancelled at Hulu, Season 3 Becomes Final Outing For Seth MacFarlane Sci-Fi Series

(I should have written "will last one season there.")




"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
"The dominant media is no more ``mainstream`` than leftists are liberals." -- me
 
Posts: 21999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It may end up being NBC. They did pay Seth McFarland a huge development deal, and the reason The Orville went to Hulu was they wouldn't have anything ready for early 2020. Then COVID hit and threw everything off
 
Posts: 2685 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of TRMN8R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
This could also qualify as 'Rant' topic, but I just found out that the series, "Seal Team" is going to be moving from CBS to Paramount Streaming for next season. Soooo, that is one more TV show that I will not be watching as I refuse to pay a subscription to watch a TV program. For one thing, where I live I can only get satellite or over-the-air tv reception and for the little time I spend watching TV, paying for satellite setup is a waste of money as is paying for a streaming service.


I wish I could say I’m glad I found your post; I’m not Mad . Definitely the first time I’m hearing this, and like all of you, I’m absolutely NOT happy hearing about it. I AM glad to know the show will actually be continuing instead of being cancelled. I know David Boreanaz went all out to try to drum up viewership and what-not to save the show due to falling ratings over the past year of COVID. But I completely agree that Paramount+ will likely be the death-knell for it. I really hope not, as it’s one of the three shows I HAVE to watch; FBI and Mayans being the two others.


G19G5x2/G43/G42
Canik TP9 SFx
HK45c Tactical
USP45c/ss
P30S V3
P30 V1 LEM
And a butt-load of P7's...
 
Posts: 721 | Location: Harley City, GA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
That's bad news. I'm kind of surprised that CBS kept the show on the air with "woke"culture being all the rage now. I had noticed that the series was being bumped from the schedule quite often and a new episode would only be released sporadicly it seemed.


"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."
 
Posts: 678 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
First I've heard of the move. Bummer. I did find myself thinking after the season finale that it had a feeling of goodbye.
 
Posts: 10706 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Seal Team moving to Paramount Streaming

© SIGforum 2022