SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Games of Thrones Prequel House of the Dragon Has Officially Entered Production
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Games of Thrones Prequel House of the Dragon Has Officially Entered Production Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Link

Games of Thrones Prequel House of the Dragon Has Officially Entered Production

In this tipsy-topsy world of ours, it seems like nothing is set in stone—especially if it’s part of the Game of Thrones franchise. But fans can breathe at least one sigh of relief because HBO’s House of the Dragon, the TV series prequel that chronicles the civil war that engulfed House Targaryen, is officially in production—and there’s photo proof.

Okay, technically, it’s proof of people sitting in chairs, but HBO’s official House of the Dragon Twitter account still wanted to mark the occasion by showing the series’ main cast—Matt Smith, Paddy Considine, Emma D’Arcy, Olivia Cooke, Rhys Ifans, and Steve Toussaint (the recently cast Fabien Frankel is not pictured, from what we can tell)—doing their first table read for the first episode, a year and a half after the show was officially greenlit:

Yep, people in chairs. But it’s nice to see Matt Smith with his Eleventh Doctor ‘do again since it’s almost certainly going to be dyed platinum blonde for the series—he’s playing a Targaryen, after all. Enjoy it while you can.

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Promising. When they get to the final season I hope they forget they are doing this for HBO and actually put in some effort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I'm glad. They have some big shoes to fill.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Promising. When they get to the final season I hope they forget they are doing this for HBO and actually put in some effort.

Retarded final seasons are an HBO tradition.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Not surprised, The Witcher has the adventure audience and GOT wants it back. They did a very terrible job at the finale of GOT. the directors and producers have to admit it.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the two fucktards that almost steered the other one off a cliff aren't allowed anywhere near the production.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This 'iteration' of GoT will be heavy on the fantasy elements (like The Witcher) and less on the social intrigue that the earlier series was based around.

That said, GoT left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, what was a engaging and entertaining, ended in disappointment.

Posts: 14554 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
**** spoiler for Game of Thrones****

I think not having Ned Stark show up as a zombie in that crypt scene in the final season was one hell of a HUGE opportunity that was missed.

It’s a shame they worked so hard for so long and didn’t want to end it properly. I still enjoyed the hell out of the series and even with that final season GOT remains one of my all time favorites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or just a headless corpse moving around, leaving it to the viewer’s imagination!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Prequel....maybe.

I'd just like the book series to be finished.

Initially I was not happy HBO diverged from the books, but as the original HBO wrapped up, that held hope since HBO most definitely did not stick the landing, and the divergence means there is some chance the book series might.

Posts: 14998 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
With as long as they take we are still years away from it being aired, and two years between seasons, and the way they botched GOT last season, I have lost all interest.

Maybe if they had this ready to go a few years ago, but now? Eh

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
After the GoT horseshit final season, I think I'm gonna sit this one out.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3508 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Seeing the newly released trailer, I'm guessing this is not the high point of House Targaryen, since you can see skull of Balerion--interestingly, it looks like it's not in the throne room, even though Robert Baratheon had all the skulls moved to the dungeons upon taking the throne.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I will admit to having my curiosity piqued, but trailers can be very deceptive. I was one who went to the movie’s in the late 90’s for no reason other than to see The Phantom Menace preview.

Yeah, I’ll hold off on anything Thrones until I see the final product before getting too excited.

Recently I saw a fan-made trailer that removed Jar-Jar and didn’t let young Anikin speak … oh if only we had gotten ‘this’ movie.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
... and didn’t let young Anikin speak ...

38 seconds in: "You're a Jedi Knight, aren't you?"

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cat's Paw dagger, some more Valarians, Dark Sister...I'm interested.

Posts: 14554 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I noticed in the trailer that they finally have blonde-haired African-Targaryans represented in the show.

They woke the dragon.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9141 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I'm glad. They have some big shoes to fill.

You didn't see the last season, did you? Eek

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post