SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Homicide - Finally coming to streaming!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homicide - Finally coming to streaming! Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
This makes me very very happy.

https://www.rollingstone.com/t...id-simon-1235041713/

HOMICIDE: LIFE ON the Street may be on the verge of abdicating the title of the Best TV Show You Can’t Stream.

On Monday night, David Simon — whose nonfiction book, Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets, inspired the Emmy-winning NBC cop drama, and eventually launched Simon’s own acclaimed career in television with shows like The Wire and The Deuce — revealed that the biggest hurdle had been cleared to put the series on a streaming platform:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great show.

Posts: 4321 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Great show.

Agreed! Awesome show!

If you didn't get a chance to watch it in its original run you are in for a treat.

Posts: 6709 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Really good show.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53235 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
An observation of mine from 2019:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...960072164#8960072164
quote:
...Homicide: Life on the Street, which IMO is the best police drama ever, by far. This series was contemporary to NYPD Blue, and while I was a big fan of both shows and while I dearly love Dennis Franz in NYPD Blue, that show was unrealistic. The detectives in NYPD Blue wrapped up cases PDQ every episode, before the last commercial break. Criminals just poured their hearts out to the police in that show. Poured their hearts out, confessed crimes, etc, or the perfect witness came forth and all the pieces just dropped into place. Very unrealistic. In the very first episode of Homicide: Life on the Street, Detective Bayliss had a case of a murdered child, Adena Watson. They never solved that case through the entire series. A couple of seasons into the series, they had a suspect in interrogation at one point and you said to yourself "OK, so this is the guy." Nope. Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't, but he walked. Now that is realistic. The detective squad of NYPD Blue never had an unsolved case, and that's just BS.

Posts: 108985 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moose201
posted Hide Post
Absolute peak TV crime drama.

Posts: 265 | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The fate of Luther Mahoney. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen the series, but... Cool

Yes, a damn good drama series, period, police show or no.

And, of course, Andre Braugher as Detective Pembleton- one of my very favorite portrayals in all my decades of watching TV shows.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
From Variety Magazine:

NBC's "Homicide: Life on the Street," one of the most critically acclaimed network series of all time, is finally making its way to streaming and will debut Aug. 19 on Peacock. The series and TV movie have been remastered to HD and 4K for the first time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's hard to believe it's been off the air for 25 years already.

Posts: 2532 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I never watched this, how did it age? Is it worth watching now?

First In Last Out

Posts: 4854 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, on this very page, I referred to it as the best police drama ever, by far, so...

Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the duplicate thread Para….

All 7 seasons are now streaming on Peacock. Andre Braugher is phenominal. I highly recommend it.

Posts: 880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post