SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Last of Us 2 release date: May 29th!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last of Us 2 release date: May 29th! Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I thought everyone that played the first game knew Ellie was a fur trader. Seemed a little like they shoe horned that in for the sake of doing it but it didn’t diminish the character or the story/gameplay.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
?? She was already gay in the first game.
Why is this news to people? Did no one play Left Behind?

Never thought it was more than hinted at, even in that extra part where she and her friend got bit. Still, it's been a while since I played that. Was there something more obvious I'm not recalling?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The issue isn’t with Ellie.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am thinking they really could tell a story about revenge and it’s unending cycle and it could be great.

That said. (SPOILERS OF SPOILERS BELOW)
-I don’t want to play as somebody who potentially murders two very loved characters.
-why does there have to be transexual elements in everything these days. It’s is a microscopic minority of people who simply wouldn’t show up in the vast amount of stories and shoehorning them in is pandering at its worst. You want to write a specific game/story about it fine but to throw them in everything makes no statistical sense. Besides who does the most elective of elective surgeries EVER during the Apocalypse.
-Potentially turning Joel and Ellie into the villains sucks.
-Neil Druckman does seem like a cock and that turns me off.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, a lesbian, transgender love and revenge story set against an apocalyptic background. You didn't want it, but you're gonna get it and you'll like it or else.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3536 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Theres a new trailer up and some news that the spoilers may not have been all true. I'm likely in for the purchase.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I was excited about this game until I read that it endorses the sjw shit and you have to play as a mentally disabled person.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I watched the 90ish minutes of cutscenes that were leaked. Skimmed anyway. The leaks are true

Spolier:

I like how they left out the trans SJW you play half the game as after murdering a main character in the new trailer.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
When it’s all said and done it will sell a bajillion copies. I am anxious to hear how it plays out for real and hey it may very well be a well written. Poignant story.

My biggest hang up is I want to play the characters I loved in the first one and or their allies.

Yeah it’s the end of the world everybody has done shitty things, everybody makes enemies, context is everything I get that but part of what I want in my narrative is to have likable, well written characters and I fear this will not be the case.

Joel was likable and identifiable
Ellie is super likable
The Dina girlfriend seems super likable
The community they are in seems likable.

Yes they are surely all shitheads to some other digital group of survivors but they are OUR survivors and you are not going to win me over by saying SEE EVERYBODY IS A SHITHEAD!!! I know that, that’s called the real world. I get to play that every day. I don’t play video games as a simulator for the real world.

I can’t judge until I hear more actual people reviews buts it’s no longer a day one buy for me.

I also stand by the fact that Days Gone was a GREAT experience and frankly may end up being The Last Of Us sequel I really wanted.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And add to the fact that Sony and Naughty Bitch have gone around using a third party company to copyright strike YouTubers who have an opinion different to Neil Cuckman that don’t even use any footage or copyright “claimable” content, they even gone so far as turning off comments for Neil Cuckman’s video congratulating himself for the achievement of TLoU:2, they’ve even turned of the likes/dislikes to the the story trailer!

Seriously, not even Disney’s Lucasfilm could fuck up to this degree. It’s a shame Microsoft couldn’t jump on this when they gave us their “cut scene” demo of the XBox Series X this week. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post