SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Clint is back on the big screen!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clint is back on the big screen! Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted

quote:
From Warner Bros. Pictures come director/producer Clint Eastwood’s uplifting and poignant drama “Cry Macho.” The film stars Eastwood as Mike Milo, a one-time rodeo star and washed-up horse breeder who, in 1979, takes a job from an ex-boss to bring the man’s young son home from Mexico. Forced to take the backroads on their way to Texas, the unlikely pair faces an unexpectedly challenging journey, during which the world-weary horseman finds unexpected connections and his own sense of redemption.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I'll be first in line at the theater. Clint is the man.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Clint is 91, and still going pretty strong.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trailer looks fantastic. I'm in.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Damn, 91 and still making movies
Gives hope
Although his early movies were always founded on the theme of revenge, he does entertain

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I love seeing him in a cowboy hat again.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Clint looks better than Dwight. Eek

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
‘Guy wants to name his cock macho, it’s OK by me…’ Cool

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Clint looks better than Dwight. Eek
Dwight Yoakam was already looking rough in Panic Room, and he was 20 years younger back then.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
An Eastwood film is the only thing that will get me into a theater these days.

The time will come when one no longer has the option of choosing or not to see the latest Eastwood film.

Looking at that trailer, his latest film has some of the same themes as Gran Torino.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The time will come when one no longer has the option of choosing or not to see the latest Eastwood film.

It feels silly to say this, but I hadn’t thought of that. Clint is one of my heroes. I’ll go see this in the theater when it comes out.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I didn’t think he’d act again after the Mule. I truly thought he’d continue to direct but that was his last acting role. Glad I was dead wrong. Looking forward to the 4k blu ray release. I’ll get arrested if I go to the theater because people will be on their phones and I won’t put up with it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I will have this eventually on disc, but I will not go to a theater.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Didn't he make a 'traveling' movie like that before?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Didn't he make a 'traveling' movie like that before?

The Mule? Thunderbolt & Lightfoot?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Not that Im complaining, but wasnt “The Mule” suppose to be his last on screen role? Happy to see thats not the case. Im a big fan of Dwight Yoakam as well, looking foward to this.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy us the Energizer bunny.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yoakam can be good, given the right role. Sling Blade comes to mind.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
One of the few times I will go to a theater. Damn i love that man!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking of how I haven't heard anything about or from Clint for a good long while that I was expecting the next thing I'd hear is that he passed. I'm glad to see he is still working.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post